REQ: Set resolution via H/W Panel

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

lotech

REQ: Set resolution via H/W Panel

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 am

We dry hire our 1M/E and 2M/E quite regularly and as each event is different so to is the required output format. Currently the only way to set the switcher resolution is via the Software control panel, which is great but means you always need a preconfigured laptop or explicit instructions on how to install and setup the software just to change resolutions.

It would be great if this was added to the hardware control panel some point soon.

Darren Lew

Blackmagic Design

Re: REQ: Set resolution via H/W Panel

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 6:27 am

Hi lotech,

Happy to add this to our feature request list.

Cheers

Darren.
Darren Lew
Senior Product Manager ATEM
Blackmagic Design

lotech

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 1:18 am

Also following this up -
The other function that is missing on the hardware controller but exists in software is the ability to set PGM or PRV to an AUX. You can do it in the software but it's missing from the AUX assigns on the Panel.

Darren Lew

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 am

Hi lotech,

This feature does exist in fact!
If you choose your destination as Aux 1 for example, then to find the extra sources just push the following buttons:
M/E 2 Preview bus Shift and M/E 2 Source Select Shift together. You will then see the following sources appear:
ME1 Prog, ME1 Prev, ME 2 Prog, ME 2 Prev, Clean Feed 1 and Clean Feed 2.
Any of the above sources can be selected and notice that the Source Select bus now glows steady green!

Cheers

Darren.
Darren Lew
Senior Product Manager ATEM
Blackmagic Design

lotech

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Conveniently we just got a 2M/E so I could test this compared to our 1M/E (which I was referring to) - and yes the 2M/E does list the outputs as you say. When the 1M/E is plugged in it doesn't have them. It just lists the various inputs or generators - no PRG or PRV out.

timgregory

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 pm

The 1ME Broadcast panel also has this functionality.

Hold down shift and the button above shift (can't recall what it is labeled as) at the same time.
This gives access to prev and prog.

Tim

lotech

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 12:38 am

Thanks! Talk about a convoluted way to set something - theres room on the layout when shift is held - not sure why it needs a second button hold to access that menu.

lotech

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Following this up - I received a call from someone hiring our 1M/E & Panel on the weekend and they needed to reset the multiview inputs - which could only be done via the software controls and thus forced them to download the software controls via 3G just to reconfigure that small aspect of the switcher.

If there was a way to just reset the switcher from the panel you would no doubt save some stress on packins to live/one off jobs. If you did implement this it would be good to have two reset options - one reset to factory and another reseting everything but leaving the network settings untouched.

Of course it would be even better if we could set all the various other options via the panel instead of having somethings that require software but for now I'd happily accept resolution settings and full reset.

Return to Live Production