Commercially produced DVD's for Playback

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

r1drama

Commercially produced DVD's for Playback

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 pm

I want to be able to add a DVD deck for commercially produced video as a source to the ATEM 1 for play back in my theatre. Non commercial DVD's play fine, but commercially produced recordings are not recognized by the ATEM and will not play due to the copy protection on the disk (I'm guessing). How do I over come, please?

jason sach

Re: Commercially produced DVD's for Playback

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 10:06 pm

use component out into the atem 1 it strips the hdcp out of them.

jason
www.tffmedia.com
www.valleyvision.com.au

Richard Courtney

PostSun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 pm

r1drama wrote:I want to be able to add a DVD deck for commercially produced video as a source to the ATEM 1 for play back in my theatre. Non commercial DVD's play fine, but commercially produced recordings are not recognized by the ATEM and will not play due to the copy protection on the disk (I'm guessing). How do I over come, please?

How do you normally get your content for your theater? Satellite or Fedex hard drives?
Commercially produced content, like the "LIVE" opras, should be available for you through
your normal channels.

r1drama

PostSun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks for your input. The deck does have componet out. How many times will I need to adapt the signal so I can use a HDMI input on the ATEM 1. I don't see a converter for Componet in to HDMI out. New to all of this so thanks in advance for your help.

jason sach

PostSun Oct 14, 2012 9:46 pm

use the component input on the atem1 it is input one

jason
www.tffmedia.com
www.valleyvision.com.au

sharyn

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 2:44 am

Couple of things to keep in mind. Today, if you have a Blu Ray player and try to play a SD dvd, on the HDMI connection with HDCP it will upscale the SD dvd to 1080i or p depending on your settings in the player BUT via the component analog output it in my experience it will NOT, so you wind up with 480P for the sd dvd out, This of course is going to cause problems if you try to use the component input on the ATEM/1 since all sources need to be the same.

Sharyn

Return to Live Production