ATEM TVS - Built in audio mixer issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rickroller

ATEM TVS - Built in audio mixer issue

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi guys!

I'm trying out the newish audio feature on the ATEM TVS and am having some issues. Currently I have two Canon ax10 cameras with the handle attached that gives you two xlr microphone inputs. I currently have table microphone connected to one and a hanging microphone on the other in a studio space. I'm finding that there is no control over gain in the software and there is not way to monitor the audio. Am I missing something?

I also tried to connect the output from my Peavey v8 analogue mixer into one of the camera's xlr input in hopes that this would allow me to fine tune the sound while bypassing having to have the box to convert the audio to a digital AES connection It worked and I didn't really have any delay but I'm finding that the sound in the headphones while monitoring from the mixer is nothing like the sound being recorded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thomas Seewald

Re: ATEM TVS - Built in audio mixer issue

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:41 pm

The audio out is currently only embedded in the output (SDI and HDMI), but not in the preview. The gain can be controlled on the "audio" tab of the ATEM-control-Software. Maybe it is better, to connect a "normal" audio mixer using AES-audio input (spdif also works...).
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Live Production