ATEM upgrade 3.3

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

cunninghamprod

ATEM upgrade 3.3

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm looking for confirmation and also a possible work around. The original setting/driver for the ATEM 1ME would allow an HDMI signal from my MBP to work via the HDMI input. With the intro of 3.2, an audio mixer was added (very nice), but HDMI from the Mac no longer works (tighter restriction on HZ as I understand it). I've heard rumors that a new driver would be out soon to remedy that issue. Any idea of a time-frame for that fix? In the meantime, any suggestions for getting a workable signal out of my MBP (PPT, QT player etc) to 1M/E. I'm assuming a scan converter (Matrox etc)

Thanks for you input.

Cheers,

Jim

Liam Kennedy

Re: ATEM upgrade 3.3

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 4:36 pm

A lot of us are still waiting for this to be fixed. Darren Lew (product manager for BMD) confirmd they are working on reimplementing the 60hz support in the next firmware release (3.4) which based on his post just under a month ago should be ready in a few more weeks.

See the post here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1308&sid=df615d0be584240a75d1adbc279f344c#p6865

My workaround is that I use my TVS as a glorified scan converter. My VGA to HDMI scaler still works connected to that... It then feed the output from my TVS in to my 1ME. If I didn't have that workaround I likely would have gone searching for a different scaler by now. Many scalers have the same issues especially any that are below $500 or so it seems.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Johnsquared2

Re: ATEM upgrade 3.3

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 4:49 pm

My 'workaround' was going back to V3.1. Patiently (or not...) waiting for BMD to fix this issue... question for longtimes users (I got the Prod M/E 1 a month ago) Does the ATEM pass the HDMI audio through prior to the introduction of the Audio mixer in 3.2?

I have a computer that connects to the ATEM and the audio is going through teh sound card, then a mixer which is causing a noticable delay...

Peace,
J

Return to Live Production