Web cam/USB-c port used as a second monitor source

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Rick Yo

Web cam/USB-c port used as a second monitor source

PostWed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 pm

My church recently purchased a mini pro. We are up and running but I need to know if the Web cam/USB-c port can be configured and used as an additional monitor outlet such as a TV using a USB-c to HDMI cord. I only need program view on the second monitor for an overflow room and our recording is not done through the mini pro. Thank you in advance for any help or information. I have looked at the HDMI out and using a splitter but from what I have read that seems to be an issue with most splitters and no one particular splitter is recommended, plus than I would lose my multi view for broadcasting health.

crippit

Re: Web cam/USB-c port used as a second monitor source

PostFri Mar 22, 2024 1:33 pm

I suspect that this would do what you are looking for: OBSBOT UVC to HDMI Adapter 2nd Gen

You could also run the stream into OBS using the webcam and then out via a USB to HDMI adpater.

Rick Yo

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 8:04 pm

After posting the above question I tried some experiments and found the solution below.
avedio links HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out【with 4ft HDMI Cable 】 4K HDMI Splitter for Dual Monitors Duplicate/Mirror Only, 1x2 HDMI Splitter 1 to 2 Amplifier for Full HD 1080P 3D, 1 Source onto 2 Displays
#1 Best Seller in Satellite TV Splitters

Blair Christensen

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

Rick Yo wrote:I have looked at the HDMI out and using a splitter but from what I have read that seems to be an issue with most splitters and no one particular splitter is recommended, plus than I would lose my multi view for broadcasting health.
Rick Yo wrote:After posting the above question I tried some experiments and found the solution below.
avedio links HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out【with 4ft HDMI Cable 】 4K HDMI Splitter for Dual Monitors Duplicate/Mirror Only, 1x2 HDMI Splitter 1 to 2 Amplifier for Full HD 1080P 3D, 1 Source onto 2 Displays
#1 Best Seller in Satellite TV Splitters
So a HDMI splitter is not the solution but is also the solution? Schrödinger's HDMI splitter :lol:

Return to Live Production