Atem Mini Pro Splitter Issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

milt_jav1

Atem Mini Pro Splitter Issues

PostSun Mar 24, 2024 10:55 pm

Hello,

In my church service I'm having the following issue with the Atem mini pro. The HdMI port for the computer won't show an image when connected to the Atem Mini Pro though a splitter. First let me explain how I configure my Atem. HDMI port 1 for the Blackmagic Camera, and I use HDMI port 2 for the computer that shows the scripture during the service. The HDMI of the computer is connected to a splitter. The splitter is divided to three screens and to the Atem. At the beginning it worked fine. Then the Atem stopped receiving the signal from the splitter.

I have checked everything twice and then some. I have change the splitter thinking It's faulty. The Splitter works fine with the computer sending the Bible passages and song lyrics to the monitors in the church. If I connect the computer directly to the HDMI port 2 on the ATEM it would show the computer on the Atem.

One weird thing that happens when I connect the Atem Mini Pro to the splitter connected to the computer is that the computer screen will shrink about only 10% and then go back to normal. It's like some sort of pulse.

Right now I feel stuck on what can the issue be.

Blair Christensen

Re: Atem Mini Pro Splitter Issues

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 9:12 am

What happens if you connect the computer to the ATEM via the splitter with no monitors connected to the splitter? If that works, then plug the monitors back in one at a time.

milt_jav1

PostSun Mar 31, 2024 10:54 am

So I figured out it's not the Atem. The problem either the hdmi cables are not compatible or faulty. Another thing could be that the 3 splitters are not compatible with one another.
This is my set up:
First a HDMI cable from Computer to Splitter. Then from Splitter to three different connections. Connection 1 is a hdMI cable from splitter 1 to splitter 2 with to two monitors. Connection 2 is a hdmi cable from splitter 1 to splitter 3 with two monitors. Connection 3 is a HDMI cable from splitter one to a single monitor.

I had the ATEM connected from Splitter 1 directly to ATEM but it was not showing so I disconnected it.

Yesterday I was troubleshooting to see if I could find the problem. This is what I could get too in the little time I had. I disconnected everything from connection 1. If I connect only the Connection 2 then I get an image. If I connect everything but the monitor from connection 3 is off I get image in all four monitors. Once I turned on the monitor from connection 3 I lose image in everything. So... Im guessing the fault is in connection 3 cable or monitor.

Blair Christensen

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 4:54 am

With everything plugged in, what does your computer say the HDMI resolution and refresh/frame rate is set to? If it isn't already, try setting it to 1920x1080 60

Return to Live Production