ATEM Mini Pro ISO freezes recording and streaming bridge

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

VideoPierre

ATEM Mini Pro ISO freezes recording and streaming bridge

PostMon Apr 08, 2024 10:15 pm

Here's my setup:

2 Panasonic PTZ cameras with controller, all being powered POA by a TP-Link 10-Port Gigabit Switch. HDMI outputs to ATEM Mini Pro ISO
Gorpo 11 HDM to ATEM.
LAptop through HDMI to ATEM.

ATEM Mini Pro ISO connected to same ethernet switch Cat 5. Multiview out HDMI.
PC running ATEM software through CAT 5 to switch.
ATEM Streaming Bridge through CAT 5 to switch, with HDMI output to external monitor. Set to "Highest quality streaming." Not streaming to web, just as output/DA to projector.
External drive connected to ATEM through USB C in ATEM for iso recording.

When I start to record, whole system freezes up, I can't do anything. Have to power down ATEM Mini and start over. Recording is interrupted.
Also, video output from streaming bridge is glitchy and pixilated. Tried different output settings. Also tried going out SDI, same issue.

A few ideas:
-is the switcher getting too hot? (Will add a fan)
I-s the ATEM not able to handle the processing of streambridge and iso recording at the same time?
-Should I use a separate network switch for my Panasonic cams/controller and one for all the ATEM stuff? -Do I need a more powerful PC to run the ATEM software?

Any help greatly appreciated. I need this setup to work ASAP for a job. This switcher is only a few months old. It worked fine a few times without the streaming bridge in line, but then started to freeze up even without it.

VideoPierre

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO freezes recording and streaming bridg

PostFri Apr 12, 2024 11:25 am

UPDATE:
I updated the software to latest version on my Mac and on the ATEm. That fixed the issue with outputting video through the streaming bridge.
However, when I tried to record, the recording started fine, but then when I trie. To stop the recording, the device was frozen, no way to stop the recording either from the device or from the software control. Had to power down the device, and the recording was lost.

Any help?

VideoPierre

Re: ATEM Mini Pro ISO freezes recording and streaming bridg

PostSat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 pm

UPDATE: As long as I use my Macbook Pro with updated software for ATEM control, then everything seems to work fine, EXCEPT
Iso records are fine at first, but hen freeze up.

PLEASE HELP

Return to Live Production