ATEM Constellation Talkback RJ45

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DSchoepke

ATEM Constellation Talkback RJ45

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 10:31 pm

I found the pinout for the talkback for the ATEM 4ME Constellation and have a lot of experience in broadcasting with 4-wire interfaces for intercom. The question I have that does not seem to be answered online is how those (2) 4w connections on the RJ45 on the rear connect to the CH13/14, 15/16 feeds to any attached BMD cameras. Specifically, if I connect this to an existing matrix intercom or 2-wire to 4-wire converter (for 2w clearcom stations), can the existing intercom talk to the cameras and the cameras talk back to the intercom or is it just a connection to the front panel headset?

I am not interested in using the headset connector on the front of the ATEM to interface with either the cameras or intercom as this unit is typically installed in a rack and not conveniently located to any user. My goal is to use this to avoid having to run seperate intercom lines to each camera (assuming they are BMD intercom capable ones) and use the integrated headset connection on each camera to talk to the existing 2-wire or matrix intercom.

Thomascavs

Re: ATEM Constellation Talkback RJ45

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 8:05 pm

You have a 2w to 4w convertor so according to all I've read, they should be duplex. I've got the fibre backs which have 2 x 5pin headset connections for Eng/prod. I'm in the process of making up an rj45 crossover cable to interface my wireless comms with the system
4 x Ursa Broadcast with Studio viewfinder. Ursa Mini Pro 4.6k Ef. Ursa Mini 4k. Ursa Mini 4.6k. Television Studio Pro 4k. Hyperdeck Pro 4k. ATEM Camera control Panel. Autoscript EPIC IP 17. Constellation HD with Advanced panel

Blair Christensen

Re: ATEM Constellation Talkback RJ45

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 4:39 am

DSchoepke wrote:if I connect this to an existing matrix intercom or 2-wire to 4-wire converter (for 2w clearcom stations), can the existing intercom talk to the cameras and the cameras talk back to the intercom
Yes

Return to Live Production