ATEM 3.3 & DesktopVideo 9.6.6 Problems

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sublan

ATEM 3.3 & DesktopVideo 9.6.6 Problems

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi all,

yesterday I updated my DesktopVideo from 9.6.5 to latest 9.6.6 on a Win7x64 with attached decklink duo and ATEM TVS.
Since this update, my TVS h264 via USB didn't work anymore.

If I connect the TVS via USB to the PC, it tells me that no driver could be loaded and I'm not able to select it as capture source for MediaExpress or ATEM SwitcherPanel.

A reinstall of the Atem Switcher Panel also didn't work, for the installer always tells me to uninstall the DesktopVideo.

My attempt to uninstall DesktopVideo and reinstall the older Version 9.6.5 also crashed with an error from the installer.

The only way to get back to a working setup was a complete uninstall of alle BMD Software and install DesktopVideo 9.6.5 at first and then the ATEM Switcher (which installs DekstopVideo again).

BTW, the DesktopVideo installed with the ATEM Switcher did not recognize my DeckLink Duo card.

This took me nearby a day.

Is there any chance to get both working on one system, DesktopVideo 9.6.6 and the ATEM Switcher 3.3?

Cheers
sublan

Lutz Reber

Re: ATEM 3.3 & DesktopVideo 9.6.6 Problems

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 12:40 pm

I am not shure, but i think the Atem 3.3 includes the DesktopVideo in the right version. So mixing up the installation could blow the system. Didn´t the Atem 3.3 installation tell to remove the DesktopVideo first, and than install Atem 3.3. This happened in my installation ..
Cheers

sublan

Re: ATEM 3.3 & DesktopVideo 9.6.6 Problems

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Yes, it does,

but I want to use the new Version for my Decklink card.

And if I uninstall the new version and only install the ATEM Switcher which of course installs the DesktopVideo too, my Decklink card don't work.
After that, I'm not able to install the DesktopVideo shipped with the decklink card (error during installation) which is the same Version as installed with ATEM Switcher.

Funny enough, if I firstly install the DesktopVideo for the decklink card, and afterwards the ATEM Switcher, both are working fine.

So, I am able to get a working setup, but not with the latest drivers and depending on the installation order.

Cheers
sublan

Return to Live Production