ATEM 1 and 2 Audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rohanwright

ATEM 1 and 2 Audio

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 1:27 am

Hi,
I currently have an ATEM ME/1 At one of our Church campuses, It runs all our video playback switching including audio set to follow video.
This works fin for now but the issue is that for web streaming, recording, or Foyer TV's off the AUX channels I don't want the audio off the playback, I want the audio off our FOH Mixer.
Is there a way to have the main output of the ATEM mixer go to the analog outputs and the Analog input go to all of the embedded audio like AUX's and Program outputs?

I am wanting to purchase an ATEM ME/2 for our main campus but i cant afford to De-Embed and Re-Embed the audio for each output going to different places.

I think this is a really KEY feature required to make the audio functionality of the ATEM useful in a live environment.

George Sickler

Re: ATEM 1 and 2 Audio

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 11:01 am

The only way I am getting away with this is to use the new audio feature, and patching in through xlr on our nxcams. -

We use the berhringer to bring in audio through a board, aes/ebu - but for the atem 1, are the xlr inputs working?

G
George Sickler
Colorado Digital Video

timgregory

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 pm

The way we do this is to use the analogue outs as a monitoring output. This is an option on the software panel.

This way you can then solo a channel to go to to go out via analogue (such as playback) but have the analogue inputs alone to go through to the embedded outputs.

Unfortunately you can't solo more than one channel, which is being discussed in another thread.

Tim

Chad

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm

I second this, and posted a similar request in the other thread.

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1678

Return to Live Production