Anyone have any examples of work from TVS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Markmoreve

Anyone have any examples of work from TVS

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Guys,
Has anyone got any links to work they have done, multi camera shoots with graphics, power points etc. so I can get an idea of whats possible & what sort of quality to expect from a TVS.
Many Thanks
:)

der_Stefan

Re: Anyone have any examples of work from TVS

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 5:32 pm

possibilities and quality is written in the tec-specs...

I guess a photo would not tell a lot about quality. The actual known 'problems' and work arounds are bespoken a lot in different threads. I would advice to surf through the forum, starting with reading. Possibilities are, what you make of it. Sounds hard, but showing a picture of the multiview will not held you.

Graphics will allways look as good as you made them for using the tvs.

der_Stefan
life is hard - but the graphics are great

Markmoreve

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 pm

I was kind of hoping that maybe there would be some links to videos I could watch rather than reading tech specs :)

der_Stefan

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 6:01 pm

search for 'studiotech' and 'atem' at google. that might help you a bit.

der_Stefan
life is hard - but the graphics are great

Markmoreve

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Perfect Thank you :) :D

Mike Squires

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Here is another sample. This was HD-SDI from our camera into the TVS. Shot on a blue-screen in our studio, we used the upstream keyer to key the background, and insert a still graphic. HD-SDI out of the TVS into a UltraStudio SDI via USB 3.0, captured in Premiere Pro with MJPEG.

I added the title in Premiere Pro, exported it to H.264, and uploaded to Youtube. Mind you, if there are any artifacts, this may be due to the video being 1080i, and Youtube doesn't like interlaced media. But, you can still get the point of the clean chroma key.

Liam Kennedy

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 am

Big event we covered for the Planetary Society (Planetfest 2012) in August for the landing of the Mars Curiosity Rover.

See here for a video featuring Bill Nye "The Science Guy" who is CEO of the Planetary Society. There are some slides.
http://bit.ly/VxyUeH

Also check out the playlist on the link to other Planetfest videos which will have more slides than the Bill Nye presentation.

We had three cameras (Sony EX3's via HD-SDI) - we mostly just used two of them... with the third for an extreme wide shot of audience on occasion. Then we had Bluray (via component) / direct HD downlink of NASA HD channel via HD SDI, VGA input from laptops etc etc.

We had about 26,000 live simultaneous viewers for the event across two days.

Gear used includes
ATEM 1/ME which was in 720p5994 mode.
ATEM TVS (used as a backup... in case something went wrong... which it did...not the fault of the 1ME... but the locations power went out and destroyed their routers... I was unable to reconfigure the 1ME to work with new IP addresses as the switch was being used to drive the venue's projectors for the live audience... so for a while I switched in the TVS to handle the streaming until we could bring the whole system down during a break and reconfigure everything)
Program recorded onto Hyperdeck Studio in ProRes
Used every Black Magic converter/adaptor I had (HDMI to SDI, SDI to Analog) and other adaptors (Gefen Toolbox / Atlona VGA to HDMI scaler) - plus Apple TV for skype connections via an iPad with folks in New Zealand and other places.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production