Battery Converter - HDMI to SDI

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

YewSiong

Battery Converter - HDMI to SDI

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi everyone :)

Just got a new Battery Converter - HDMI to SDI and would like ask how do i check for the battery life that's left for the converter.. I read online that mention something about LED indicator from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/857474-REG/Blackmagic_Design_CONVBATT_SH_SDI_to_HDMI_Battery.html

Would appreciate if someone will be able to help me, thanks :)

YS

Kaspar Ko

Blackmagic Design

Re: Battery Converter - HDMI to SDI

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello,

The light blinks based on how much power is left in the battery. Please refer to the diagram on top of the converter. It gives you the blink rate and power remaining. It is steady when fully charged and when powered by the AC adapter.

If it is operating on battery only the light should start blinking after about 15 - 20 minutes roughly. Once the battery reaches below 90% it will repeatedly blink once until it reaches 50% when it will blink twice. Less than 10% will blink 3 times.

Hope that helps!
Kaspar Ko
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

YewSiong

PostSat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Kaspar Ko wrote:Hello,

The light blinks based on how much power is left in the battery. Please refer to the diagram on top of the converter. It gives you the blink rate and power remaining. It is steady when fully charged and when powered by the AC adapter.

If it is operating on battery only the light should start blinking after about 15 - 20 minutes roughly. Once the battery reaches below 90% it will repeatedly blink once until it reaches 50% when it will blink twice. Less than 10% will blink 3 times.

Hope that helps!

Alright, thanks a lot, it helped me :)

Also just to check, if i were to charge it if it the battery is not completely dead(maybe 50%), will it deplete the battery life span just like how phone's battery does. The capacity of the battery drops..

And when i plug in the power adapter when I am using it, does it charge the converter or i have to off the converter? Because some only charges when the device is off. :)

YS

Kaspar Ko

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 am

No, it shouldn't be affected by when you charge the battery.

It will charge if it is plugged in, however when it's being used, the charge may slow to a trickle. But on or off, it will charge either way.
Kaspar Ko
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

YewSiong

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Kaspar Ko wrote:No, it shouldn't be affected by when you charge the battery.

It will charge if it is plugged in, however when it's being used, the charge may slow to a trickle. But on or off, it will charge either way.

Ok sure, thanks a lot! :)

danap

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 am

My battery converter has the latest firmware update. Seems to function OK...except... for one issue, though: the battery gauge LIGHTS do not function, no LIGHT. Has my unit a defect?

EDIT:OMG - It was NOT a backlit diagram ... but the wee tiny light besides the switcher. Problem solved.

Return to Live Production