Hyperdeck Audio Settings - Playback Audio Not Working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bjdesign

Hyperdeck Audio Settings - Playback Audio Not Working

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 pm

I bought a couple Hyperdeck Studio units for playing back prerecorded files through my Atem switcher.

The files were originally exported in ProRes LT (which of course didn't work), but after running it through compressor to change it to HQ, video works flawlessly. Audio, however, is not playing at all through the Hyperdeck. It sounds great on my iMac, but I have not been able to find export settings that fix the issue.

I realized at first that the file was encoded with 16-bit, Little Endian, 48.000, so I changed that to 24-bit, Little, 48.000, but still no luck.

Does anyone have you suggestions for settings that I need to try to allow audio to pass correctly?

Is there a recommended compressor setup that will be best for playback?

Chris Lukasser

Re: Hyperdeck Audio Settings - Playback Audio Not Working

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm

HI,
I don´t know if this is helpful, but:
I had troubles with my Hperdeck Studio if I had files with different encoding-settings on the same SSD!
ProRes HQ 16Bit48kHz or 24Bit works fine here;
have you tried a single test-file on the fresh formated SSD?
cheers

lu
Resolve studio 18.1.2, Minipanel, Editorkeyboard, Ultrastudio 4k, MacPro2013/128GB, MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina

bjdesign

Re: Hyperdeck Audio Settings - Playback Audio Not Working

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I was using single test files, but did not have any luck with audio passing until I set up Compressor to encode 16 channels of audio. I was having to upconvert ProRes LT with Stereo audio and it just wouldn't pass audio until I set it to 16 channels (I assume because that's how the Hyperdecks record audio?). Took a little bit of trial and error, but I now have a setting that works perfectly every time. Thanks for you help!

Return to Live Production