UltraScope run in the background

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

denes44

UltraScope run in the background

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,

I have a question. Why the UltraScope cannot run in the background? It's only updating, when the program in in the foreground.
It's annoying, becase I want to display it on an extended desktop, and convert it to SDI, so I can view it anywhere in the facility. But it's not possible, if it has to be in the foreground every time.

Aleksander Steffensen

Re: UltraScope run in the background

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 7:15 pm

I agree. This happened in one of the UltraScope software updates, it used to work before.

I e-mailed BMD about it, and they seemed rather negative to this proposal. Still, it would just add so much more value to the UltraScope if it could run even if the UltraScope window is not in focus. We use our UltraScope computer for TOM-tasks like router control etc as well, and would like to continue with that.
Steffensen Multimedia
http://www.stmm.no

denes44

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Which was the last version it worked?

I can't believe how BMD suggests they sell broadcast equipments, but they don't...

DVCPRO50

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 pm

I am rather disappointed with the lack of technical support with their products, I have several the ATEM 1ME , the Hyper-deck Shuttle, and the Pocket Ultra-scope. All of which have Bugs or lack support in general. Yes the ideas they have are sound but they never seem to be consistent with fixing issues. I guess AJA will be getting my business in future. And not once have you guys responded to posts regarding my questions.

Mathijs

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm

I don't understand why they chose this either. They should at least make it selectable in the options.
The computer systems in my rig are quite over-specced for what I ask from them. Running ultrascope gives them a few percent work, so running it on a seperate monitor while being able to run CG, or the ATEM software panel from the rest of the machine should be no problem.
This also applies to media-express! When it's out of focus, it stops. Well that behavior only makes things go wrong instead of preventing something else.
I also asked this more than a year ago now, what is the idea behind this BMD?

Return to Live Production