Ultra Studio Mini Recorder not working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

livetsreamaustralia

Ultra Studio Mini Recorder not working

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

I have plugged in the new Ultra Studio Mini Recorder and it wont pass through a signal from my camera. I have used the same setup of camera and laptop using the H.264 Pro and the Intensity Shuttle which both work. The Ultra Studio Mini Recorder is visible but no video signal is available.
Any ideas? Anyone else having issues?

Grant

Andrew Deme

Re: Ultra Studio Mini Recorder not working

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm

I for the life of me can't get anything out of my UltraStudio Mini Recorder.

Picked it up yesterday and while I am waiting for my BMC I am using my Sony RX100 to test with.

The Sony RX100 happily feeds a HDMI signal to my Alphatron EVF but am unable to get anything to record, through the Mini Recorder to Media Express.

1. Installed the software from the disk that came in the box, couldn't get it to work.

2. Downloaded and installed the updated software (9.6.8) from BMD's website, still didn't work.

3. Uninstalled software

4. Reinstalled 9.6.8, still didn't work

5. HDMI is selected in the System Settings

6. RX100 Screen goes blank which suggests it is seeing and active HDMI connection

7. White light beside thunderbolt connector is on Mini Recorder

8. Media Express is showing 'No Remote'...whatever that means and recording black

9. Am using a MBPr

10. Also have a Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 which happily records video from the HDMI interface from the RX100

Not sure what else I can try to improve the amount of knowledge about what is going on ??

Any ideas ??

Andrew Deme

Re: Ultra Studio Mini Recorder not working

PostSat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 am

Arrghhhh.....guys from Black Magic pointed me in the right direction and the issue is/was simply my lack of experience with Apple Mac's.

Turns out the reason it 'wasn't working' was as simple as I forgot that on an Apple Mac the drop down bar at the top of the screen is attached to the app window that is open at the time....is something I repetitively forget.

Once I changed the settings in preferences to match the Sony Rx100 it worked as normal....and is exactly what I wanted and more.

One day when I grow up I want to be an expert with computers.......

Return to Live Production