Ustream Live Streaming

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

vishal Bhadesiya

Ustream Live Streaming

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 am

i want to do live streaming on Ustream during my events. i m using my Asus laptop k52 For switching & Capturing. i've Ateam 1. i want to do both things same time!!

What should i do?

Benjamin Higginbotham

Re: Ustream Live Streaming

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm

If you're using your laptop to capture (I assume via USB 3 from the switcher) then you are already using the USB device and it can't be used for streaming. Your best bet if you want to use one laptop to both broadcast and capture would be to grab an external capture card that suits your needs. If you're archiving in h.264 then the PRO recorder may be nice. Just capture straight to h.264 and use the ATEM output to send to Ustream. If you're capturing uncompressed then you'll want to grab something like an Intensity Pro to send to Ustream (you will be hard pressed to get the PRO Recorder to work with Ustream).

If you *must* use the single USB connection to both capture and stream, then you can grab a copy of Wirecast which will do both, or fine a way to virtualize the capture device so you can use it with more than 1 application at a time. This is more of a Windows/OS limitation than it is a BMD one.
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Richard Freemantle

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm

You can use the H264 Pro Recorder to stream to UStream using MX Light. You can also record & stream at different resolutions & bitrates, allowing eg. HQ h264 archive with lower res/bitrate stream to UStream.
MX Light developer
www.mxlight.co.uk

Antonio Godoy

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 5:01 am

I used last week Blackmagic Media Studio recording Full HD and Livestream Producer re-encoding on the fly simultaneously on an I7 6GB RAM Acer Laptop streaming 12 hrs. continually for two days with out interruptions.

I don´t know about a program that recognize the ATEM usb connection for USTREAM, but Livestream do that.

I hope an actualization to detect as a source the ATEM for Adobe Media Flash Live Encoder.
Video services for events.
Alienware I7 16Gb GTX970 4 GB, Asus ROG i7 8GB GTX660 4GB, MacBook Air i5 8Gb 256SSD, ATEM TVS, H.264 Pro Recorder, Intensity Shuttle USB3.0

Sanghyun Park

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 pm

FMLE does recognize the USB 3.0 from ATEM 1ME as an input to stream out to ustream.
I've been doing this and there is no issue in streaming so far.
1ME, H.264pro, Shuttle 3.0, HDMI-SDI converter User

Return to Live Production