Atem studio converter audio issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Balazs Kovacs

Atem studio converter audio issue

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Dear All,

We have a small setup with 3 cameras hooked up on atem camera converters. All camera converter goes into a studio converter. The internal talkback is working between the cameras, but I cannot receive nor send audio using the 3.5" jacks on the front panel of the atem studio converter. I've tried to hook up a regular pc speaker, but there is no sound at all. Please give me some advise.

Thanks,
Balazs Kovacs

Benjamin Higginbotham

Re: Atem studio converter audio issue

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 pm

If I understand correctly, the talkback between all of the camera operators works great, but the main studio converter is not working with those same cameras.

The fact that all of the cameras are connecting to the studio converter and can hear each other means that your main intercom is indeed working. I know we had some similar issues with our unit and instead of using the front 1/8" jacks (3.5mm) we went with the rear AES audio inputs linked to our comms system. This worked well for us, but won't work for most.

It could be that the contacts on the studio converter are not working correctly. One thing that I would do is try reversing the mic and headset jacks and see if that works any better. Interestingly enough we had some success with that, but we're not sure why. If that doesn't work, BMD support may need a quick call on this one.
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Return to Live Production