ATEM software control question

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dcavallo

ATEM software control question

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I just bought a basic live production kit : ATEM + Hyperdeck Studio + Behringer SRC 2496 ! :mrgreen:

I have three HDMI cameras and I wanted to have some of the audio coming from the cameras mixed with my audio from the Behringer. I have two macs : 1. 2010 13" macbook pro, and 2. 2009 17" macbook pro, both on Snow Leopard.

I installed the ATEM software control on both computers and tried working with the software. I started with my 17" mbp and it went very well : image was there right away, I had audio control and all was well.
Then, I installed (exactly like the first time ) the software on my 13" mbp - the one I will be using for productions outside of the studio - and the ATEM asked me to update the firmware. Weird :? . I did it anyway. But surprise, now the audio tab on the bottom is gone !!!

I connected the 17" again, and, after yet another firmware update, the audio tab is there again...

Has anybody any idea of what is going on ? How can I get the audio tab to be on my 13" mbp ?

Thank you !

Darry

Lee_AVP

Re: ATEM software control question

PostTue Nov 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Sounds like you've got old control software installed on the 13", somehow. Hit the website, download 3.3 on all your machines.
E. Lee Dickinson | President
Advanced Visual Production | Sound.Lighting.Video.Design
www.avprva.com

dcavallo

Re: ATEM software control question

PostWed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 am

Well... I guess you were right ! There were two different versions of the software on the two install DVDs I got....

Thank you so very much !!!

Return to Live Production