Desktop Display out to video Switcher

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

eventtech

Desktop Display out to video Switcher

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my live video system to HD. All the cameras, switchers, monitors, etc., but I can't seem to find a solution to getting my graphics computer, that displays all my media during the event, output in SDI to the video switcher. I was told that the Decklink Duo would do that but it only captures video on the desktop. Now after the fact I am told that maybe the Decklink Extreme 3D+ might be able to help.

I am running an updated Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit on graphics machine. I use the application Pro presenter to manage my graphics on 3 separate displays. I need to set one of those displays out not only to the monitors themselves via VGA but I need to send one also via SDI out.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a solution of cards or converters to get my graphics computer out via SDI?

Computer Settings:
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics cards out VGA and DVI
Card 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family - Display Memory: 1696 MB
Card 2: AMD RADEON HD 6670 - Display Memory: 4068 MB
Card 3: AMD RADEON HD 6670 - Display Memory: 4068 MB

Lee_AVP

Re: Desktop Display out to video Switcher

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Desktop output to SDI is tricky; almost all of the SDI devices are video outputs for NLE or playout software, not Windows desktop.

HDMI output, though, is easy, with any number of HDMI video cards. A huge number of consumer video cards have HDMI outputs.

A Blackmagic HDMI to SDI mini converter is all you need, after that.
E. Lee Dickinson | President
Advanced Visual Production | Sound.Lighting.Video.Design
www.avprva.com

sharyn

PostFri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 am

Here is what I do but I am using an Nvidia 9800 card. I would suggest you try to see if you can have the DVI ande VGA active on your system at the same time, and then I would use the DVI extender from BMD this is sort of a mis nomer as it is a DVI to SDI converter. This is what I use, and it works great, but you do need to make sure you output is set the the same rates and resolution as your other inputs (720p or 1080I. I do it with a 1080i into a TVS

Again just a suggestion
Sharyn

Antonio Godoy

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 am

Why you don´t use HDMI instead of SDI?, you can use a simple DVI to HDMI cable, and almost all switchers has HDMI input.
Video services for events.
Alienware I7 16Gb GTX970 4 GB, Asus ROG i7 8GB GTX660 4GB, MacBook Air i5 8Gb 256SSD, ATEM TVS, H.264 Pro Recorder, Intensity Shuttle USB3.0

Return to Live Production