Issue after ATEM Switchers Update 6.0

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Betsy Pike

Issue after ATEM Switchers Update 6.0

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 pm

I just updated the ATEM Switcher update 6.0 and the physical switcher now has the error:

Protocol version mismatch!
Please update Panel & Switcher firmware

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

Re: Issue after ATEM Switchers Update 6.0

PostWed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Do you also have a control panel?
If so, you need to update that one as well
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Betsy Pike

PostFri Sep 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Please define "control panel." And where do I find that update?

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostFri Sep 12, 2014 1:19 pm

How are you operating the switcher. Are you using a computer to switch between the different inputs or do you also have a hardware operating panel?
Are you using the same computer operating the switcher as you used when you did the update?
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Matt Dugas

PostSat Sep 13, 2014 4:49 pm

I am also trying to update the firmware for the 1 M/E control surface. How is the accomplished exactly?

Thanks.

Betsy Pike

PostMon Sep 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Using a hardware operating panel to switch between inputs.

Yes, using the same computer operating the switcher as when I installed the update.

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostMon Sep 15, 2014 1:31 pm

So, have you updated the hardware panel as well as the switcher?

From the manual page 25. (manual found here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... -switchers)

Updating the Broadcast Control Panel Software

Connect the broadcast panel via USB to your computer. The broadcast panel is equipped with a USB connector which can be connected to a computer's USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port using a USB cable.
When upgrading software, make sure the broadcast panel is the only ATEM device connected via USB to the computer running the setup utility software. If more than one ATEM device is connected, the panel may not be recognized.

Launch the ATEM Setup Utility software.

If the broadcast panel software requires updating, you will be prompted by a window asking if you would like to update the software. Select Update Now to initiate the update process. The update process may take a few minutes. Do not unplug power from the panel during the software update.

Once the software update is complete, a window will prompt you to cycle power on the broadcast panel. Select OK and cycle power on the broadcast panel.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Tony Esposito

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 11:52 pm

Wow, I don't remember having to use the little USB port to update this separately but you just saved me after a couple hours of trying to get this thing to update to the 6.0. Also researched why there are 2 buttons greyed out on the software panel and looks to just be more camera inputs if it was a different switcher. (I run ATEM 1).

Thanks!

Tony

videoinfoco

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Sorry my bad English. After connecting via usb to micro gives message "not connected" and leaves no insert address ip. You can help me. I'm new with atem.
Thank you

Tony Esposito

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 7:04 pm

For the panel or switcher?

videoinfoco

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 2:09 am

Tony, Thanks for the reply. I bought a new notebook (i7 processor - 32 memory - video card ge force) win8 64 bit. ATEM Switchers 6.1 update installed.
When connecting atem television asks to update via usb port using atem setup utility. But not open IP adress (not connected). Its resetting the atem television? Can you help me?
Thank you.

videoinfoco

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Tony:
If I do not know the IP that changed the blackmagic design, how do I redefine (reset) ??
When I enter the ATEM Setup Utility program it gives the "not connected" message and does not let enter any value.
I can change the tcp / ipv4 the note, but for what value ??
My problem, I can not insert value in atem utiliy setup and can not communicate through the atem control software. Can you give me a way (step by step) to start ?? Sorry, but I'm new to blackmagic.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Andy Matheson

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 11:33 pm

I had the "No device connected" issue recently too. Spent a while trying to figure it out. Then I remebered that I had the Wi-Fi switched on for my laptop. Wi-Fi seems to over-rule the ethernet. Switch off Wi-Fi (if it's on) and you should get an instant response.

videoinfoco

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Andy, I confirmed that the wifi connection is disabled and still no results. This installation should be a simple thing, but it has some detail that I do not understand. I remember a first installation (another laptop with win7 - version of atem 5) was also complicated for me. I need to keep searching because the services are coming ...

videoinfoco

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Reviewing my installation: New install win8 64 bit laptop. Installed Blackmagic ATEM Switchers Installer 6.1. Confirmed wifi unavailable. Connect 1 M / E control surface asks to update via usb port. When starting Atem Setup Utility shows "not conected" and leaves no insert values​​. When starting Atem Software Control also shows "not conected" and IP 192.168.10.240 (lets change). Confirmed In the network settings on my computer, enable ethernet, and the IP address setting to the manual IP address 192.168.10.50.
Where can I be missing ??

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Try disabling your Bluetooth connection if it's active and see if that helps.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

videoinfoco

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Tony,
Bluetooth disabled and still the same problem.
Two questions: 1. What can be wrong when starting Atem Setup Utility shows "not conected" and leaves no insert values​​?
2 Where can I get the ATEM manual in Portuguese (Brazil) since I can not translate by google translator, because the pdf is password?
Thank you
Paul

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Hello videoinfoco. Maybe there is some confusing information here. When you run the ATEM Setup utility, you would connect your laptop directly to the ATEM switcher using a USB Type B cable. When the utility is running and the ATEM switcher is powered, you will see the window identifying the IP Address of the ATEM. Or the utility will ask you to update the firmware. Note the IP Address and update firmware if asked.

If you have a separate ATEM Control surface, connect USB Mini cable from the laptop to the control panel and run the ATEM Setup Utility. This too will identify if a software update is necessary. The firmware/software must match in all devices, ATEM Switcher, laptop, and optional control surface.

Once the software is updated, connect your laptop to the ATEM via ethernet and run the ATEM software. You may be prompted to enter the IP address for the ATEM which you noted when updating the firmware. I won't get into networking here as that is separate from the issue described here. Hopefully you can get all firmware software in line.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

videoinfoco

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 12:52 am

Hello Gary,
For solution of my problem had to give several turns, since I could not "clear" answers in this forum ...
I downloaded the previous version of an old note and managed to identify the IP that was placed in switer. In this situation he left to change the IP. Again I installed the new version on the old note and he updated the switer. So I called the new note and managed to open the atem television in the new version. But still with error not connected to Atem run Setup Utility.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Hello videoinfoco. I realize some of these answers are confusing. It looks like you are using different computers "notebooks" to setup and run the ATEM. You should take one computer and connect USB to install the software and write down the IP address. Then using the same computer, run the ATEM control software and select that same IP address to connect. Does this work?

To make the above work, the computer IP address (different than the ATEM IP address) must have the same subnet or simply the first three numbers must be the same, where the last number is different. If the ATEM IP address is 192.168.10.240 ( usually our default), the computer networking preferences should be set to 192.168.10.xxx, where "xxx" is different than 240 or whatever the ATEM is. It is not clear from your description that your computer setup is correct.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

videoinfoco

PostSat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello Gary. Thanks for the quick response.
Got the IP configuration is correct and believe in both notes, because as I stated, using the IP address of the indicated (final 240) and configuring subnet 241 in the final note.
As I explained, after upgrading to version 6.2 on the old note, connected the new note and could use atem on television through the cable network.
I still contend with the problem of "But still with error not connected to Atem run Setup Utility". Connect USB cable (new, call Atem note) and use setup utility does not connect. Not be able to perform the next update.
It seems a little confused ??

videoinfoco

PostSat Oct 25, 2014 1:07 pm

In short: when I run Atem Setup Utility (already connected USB cable) should show the IP (192.168.10.240) and shows "not connected". Subnet the note set to 192.168.10.241. Will still confused ? Where can I be missing?

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

PostSat Oct 25, 2014 1:46 pm

I think you have some problems with the usbconnection.
Can you try a different cable or a different port for the usb.
When you connect a usb-cable from the switcher to the computer, the computer should say installing and after a while say that you can now use the connected device.
It should say connected to Atem Television studio.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

alexoliveira

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 4:01 pm

I have a similar problem.

The machine I'm using has been just fine with the USB connection and just out of nowwhere stopped seeing the ATEM TV studio switcher.

The OS sees it, says it's installing...says it's ok... no BM app can talk to it.

Tried many cables, many ports, no dice.

I get that I should try a different system, and I will, but should a standard USB device be able to be used on any windows machine?

Thanks

Return to Live Production