ATEM Studio and Camera Converters

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Sebastian Reg

ATEM Studio and Camera Converters

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi,

I would like to use ATEM Studio and camera converters but I have a few questions:
1. Can I use ATEM Studio and Camera Converters on SDI cables or I need to use fibre optic cables?
2. If I use SDI cables, can operators get tally information and intercom works fine?
3. Does tally give me information on camera monitor about preview and online operator (green and red tally border ) or only red colour?

Thank you in advance
6 cameras (PMW 300) flypack in Poland, we work in EU area. Best quality, but Polish prices :).
https://www.onestream.pl/

Brian Scheffler

Re: ATEM Studio and Camera Converters

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 pm

You will need to utilize the fiber connections to take advantage of all those features.

Brian
Brian Scheffler
ScheffTech Productions, LLC
brian[AT]schefftech.com (309) 524-5865
Blackmagic Design Authorized Dealer

Viridiana Merino

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 4:03 pm

I have a problem connecting ATEM Studio and Camera Converters, buy 4 Strand LC-LC Fiber Optic Link Cable, but not detected Camera Converts

Sebastian Reg

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi,

thank you. Can you tell me If I use fibre connection, will Camera Converter give me information on camera monitor about preview and online operator (green and red tally border) or only red colour?

Sebastian
6 cameras (PMW 300) flypack in Poland, we work in EU area. Best quality, but Polish prices :).
https://www.onestream.pl/

Chad

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 7:01 pm

What type of fiber are you using, there are both multi-mode fiber, and single mode fiber. Blackmagic only supports single mode fiber.

Also, I'm 99% sure the camera converter only lights up red for program, and doesn't support green for preview.

Return to Live Production