Recommended Camcorders for work with Intensity Shuttle USB 3

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

halim_chambers

Recommended Camcorders for work with Intensity Shuttle USB 3

PostTue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to see what camcorders would be recommended for work with the Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. I don't typically use camcorders, so I'm not very familiar with what may be the best choice to go with the Shuttle. I had originally looked into the Canon HF R52 with the Sewell downscaler, but that does not seem as if it would work in tandem with the Intensity Shuttle. Any input would be appreciated.

Chad

Re: Recommended Camcorders for work with Intensity Shuttle U

PostTue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm

What is your end goal? What kind of video project are you working on? I've plugged in both $100 Sony consumer camcorders and $4,000 professional camcorders into my Intensity Shuttle without problem.

halim_chambers

Re: Recommended Camcorders for work with Intensity Shuttle U

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Sorry, I should have included that in the op. I am actually getting the camcorder for the athletics department at my school. They will be using it for live streaming different sporting events. They want something simple to use, while still outputting an HD quality. The Canon Vixia HF R52 gets locked into 1080 60p when I attempt to output HDMI, which is the one frame rate the Intensity Shuttle does not handle. While I have not had any issues with my BMCC, Panasonics, etc, the guys over in athletics are unfamiliar with most camera's, so that is not really an option.(The camera operator for the games often changes as well) Thanks for your help by the way

Return to Live Production