RJ-45 port of the ATEM 1M/E does not connect with the PC

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dmsampa

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 5:58 am

I have a Atem 1M/E, it worked very well, until one day, when I turned on, he can no longer have an IP address for the PC with RJ45 port, to trigger the control panel of the ATEM 1 in the display on the PC. I did tests on several other computers, changed network cables, changed the firmware (3.1 to 3.3), tested on multiple operating systems, XP and Win 7, and nothing. Anyone ever seen this problem? I need to send the equipment to technical assistance? I'm in Brazil and here there is don´t have technical assistance from Black Magic. I'm an electronic engineer and I know weld and replace the IC's control of RJ 45, does anyone know the model of this IC? It is not possible to read your model within the device. Someone help me? I would appreciate any ideas ... Sorry my English;;; Thanks.
Dario

Liam Kennedy

Re: RJ-45 port of the ATEM 1M/E does not connect with the PC

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 7:36 am

Have you run the ATEM Setup Utility recently? Connect via USB... run the ATEM Setup Utility... check the IP address is correct for your network settings.

Oh... and.. make sure there is nothing else on your network with the same IP address. I went to a client the other day... they gave me an IP address to use and it worked for a while. The next day it no longer worked. It took me a while before I found out that another PC was configured to use the same address as my ATEM.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

dmsampa

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm

There is no conflict of IP network, Atem already used the setup utility via USB 2.0 and 3.0 and it works, but when you open the control panel does not accept enter a valid IP configuration, I tried to insert the same number of IP port PC network, manually insert than on the control panel and there is no connectivity. Does not support the BMD read these posts? They should read and help more ...

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 7:16 pm

So the setup utility does not allow you to configure the IP address for the ATEM?
What IP Address / Subnet / Gateway are you attempting to configure for the ATEM?
Also what is your PC's IP address / Subnet and Gateway.

Please report back.

Can you Ping the ATEM's IP address?

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 7:49 pm

do U use any switch or router ? or just one cable between computer and ATEM ?
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

dmsampa

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I put the same setup you are in Atem install manual. Put in the setup utility via USB connectors:
ip adress: 192.168.10.240
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.10.1
and the application indicates to me the trigger APPLY
When you open the software control put :
ip adress: 192.168.10.50
In connection with the PC manually put:
Trigger OK but does not connect, and I've tried other IP addresses and the same thing occurs when you open the software control Atem he always asks for an IP address and does not enable the Control Panel as it did before.
When giving a ping on the PC it shows an IP and Subnet Mask Atem's totally weird and wrong, other than that I put in Atem and the network port of the PC appears the same values ​​that I put manually or are correct.
I've done this on other PCs but the error remains.

dmsampa

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Have as few connected to PC on the network card and I have done this with a router and the same error occurs.

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 pm

dmsampa wrote:I put the same setup you are in Atem install manual. Put in the setup utility via USB connectors:
ip adress: 192.168.10.240
and the application indicates to me the trigger APPLY

OK... so that part is all correct. The NEXT part is wrong.

dmsampa wrote:When you open the software control put :

Here you must tell the ATEM Control software the IP address of the ATEM... that should be 192.168.10.240. You gave it your OWN PC's IP address (that you configured below).

dmsampa wrote:In connection with the PC manually put:

Now... as long as those are the actual settings configured for your PC (192.168.10.50)... all should function.

However... I highly recommend configuring the IP address of your ATEM to be something that works on your local LAN... and not something that requires you to re-configure your PC just to connect with the ATEM.

dmsampa

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Already did it put the same IP 192.168.10.240 in control panel utility it did not work. I've tried other addresses and also did not connect. This equipment that is broke and need technical assistance ...

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm

OK. That may very well be the case. However are you really sure you know what you are doing though? As according to your own details above you tried to tell the ATEM control software to connect with your own PC rather than the ATEM. That to me... seems like maybe you need some help in understanding how the networking thing works here. I'm not trying to be rude... just trying to get you the right kind of support to get your gear up and running.

Anyway... good luck.

dmsampa

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 am

Sorry, I also did not want to be rude, I'm really enjoying your cooperation and your trying to help me, thank you very much, but this equipment worked very well on a laptop with a network port RJ-45 and this laptop connected wirelessly to the rest of the network .. ee suddenly stopped working from day to night.
Here in Brazil we pay for these legally import a device 150% tax on the CIF value (FOB + FREIGHT) or approximately 200% of taxes on the original value, and has no Technical Assistance. If I want to send this unit out for repair, like the U.S., where you're cost me, including freight, taxes, customs clearance, custom house go through about $ 500.00 and still one month to the authorities let out the Brazil, one to two weeks to repair ai and one month to go through the machine lfandega of Brazil in the round, ie around 3 months.
Brazil is not really a democracy like where you live, is actually a liberal communism, here if you want to do everything right the authorities do not help but complicate further, to resolve and speed they want too much money and the cost of equipment does not pay, unless we can solve right here. If one day you come to Brazil to take great care in customs, because they will want to charge you higher rates of tax for you to enter with their equipment, even saying that you will return with els back to the U.S.. Thanks for everything. bye, bye .....

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 1:49 am

Exactly... So I'm sure you want to avoid needlessly shipping back the ATEM if what you really have is a misunderstanding of how basic networking works.

Hope you don't need to do that. I would recommend you find someone nearby who understands networking a little more deeply. Again... Not Being rude... Just trying very much to help a fellow (brother) ATEM user here.

Edit: it is a common issue when you have try to connect wirelessly to the ATEM and via a wired connection at the same time. If you don't have networking understanding... Things just won't work

sharyn

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 7:30 am

Here is my suggestion, disable the wireless connection (go in an select disable), then re try the setup between your laptop and the atem. use the standard default setup. IF at that point you can get it to connect you then can be sure that the ATEM and your RJ45 are working correctly. Make SURE your rj45 cable does not have a problem. I have seen these problems where your wireless network and your wired network get configured on the same network which does not work, or DHCP problems OR a very simple case where the network cable has a problem. Another thing to try is to again disable your wireless, and check your ip addresses in THE ATEM and you notebook. MAKE SURE you are on the same network ( I have seen people confuse 1.240 and 10.240. 1.50 and 10.50 etc

Sharyn

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:05 am

Try what sharyn said.

And... this part of your post above "When giving a ping on the PC it shows an IP and Subnet Mask Atem's totally weird and wrong" truly truly means to me that your network setup for the ATEM is incorrect for your local network/pc settings. You simply don't know how to configure the LAN side of things here and you have made some mistakes that are causing this issue.

This issue would commonly occur if say your PC has an active WIFI connection to your local network (through a router)... and at the same time your are connected via a wired connection to the ATEM using an improper IP address. If you ping the ATEM using the IP address configured your PC will attempt to connect to the ATEM over your WiFi connection and will get lost along the way (hence you are likely getting an error saying the IP address is not reachable via some router address on your LAN). This is just ONE example of a misconfiguration that would result in the odd Ping response. There are many other reasons why this could happen too.

But.... try what Sharyn said... as that WILL remove the issue of any additional (local) network settings getting in the way of at least confirming what the problem really is.

Jim Brown

PostSat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 pm

We have sold several of the 1 and 2 ME switchers and have seen one with the same symptoms as yours. The internet port just did not work. Tech support issues and RMA and replaced it. Life is good.

Jim Brown
M&M ProductionsUSA

Liam Kennedy

PostSat Nov 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Jim... while I've also seen the same issues reported... I would not be 100% certain this is the issue here.. as dmsampa has reported several issues that seem very clearly to indicate he's not getting the LAN configuration correct. For instance... if the Rj45 port is not functioning... that would not cause this "When giving a ping on the PC it shows an IP and Subnet Mask Atem's totally weird and wrong"

I think a few more local tests would be called for before he packages it up for a very expensive RMA from Brazil.

Return to Live Production