iPad Control Panel issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

markmanley

iPad Control Panel issue

PostFri Nov 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Trouble with iPad app on the 20x20 Videohub. Using the latest version of Videohub Control on iPad Air. Looks like inputs are repeated, and some inputs don't appear at all. For destinations, I've got 19 and 20 configured as monitors but those don't show up at all either. Everything appears normally and as expected using the desktop application, but not on iPad. Thanks in advance! I have examples but can't upload: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: iPad Control Panel issue

PostTue Nov 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Do you have all the inputs/outputs labeled or just certain ones? I do believe we had heard reports of some not being viewable unless they were all labeled so you may want to see if that can correct the issue you're having.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

markmanley

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Tony, I only have the 'live' inputs/outputs labeled. I will try out your idea over the next couple of days and post back the result. Thanks!

Peter Aellig

PostMon Jul 20, 2015 12:53 pm

i have the same issue (20x20), but all inputs and outputs are labeled.
i was sending this to Blackmagic Support and there answer was this topic from the forum :)
quite simple support system...

James Hood

PostSat Aug 01, 2015 12:33 am

Glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem with the iPad app and the 20x20.

I contacted support about a week ago or so and they were able to replicate the issue for themselves and contacted the developer team about a fix, but I haven't heard anything since then. I've double-checked that all my inputs and outputs are labelled (attached). Perhaps I'll just have to wait until the Videohub app is updated. If anyone has suggestions, please suggest!

Thanks,
James
Attachments
Label Set.txt.zip
(442 Bytes) Downloaded 119 times

edwardguinn

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Blackmagic,

Any update to this issue?

I am still having this issue on the Smart Videohub 20x20.

Thanks,

Edward

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 10:50 pm

This and other apps are done by third party companies so it would be dependent on if they're still supporting the application.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

edwardguinn

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Tony,

I understand if the app is developed by a third party and in most cases companies usually outsource iOS and Android development.

In this case since it is still a branded Blackmagic Design product, it should still be at least updated to fix bugs and issues.

If possible could you please forward this on to a higher support team? It would be in the best interest of customers if the third party developer can issue an update to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Edward

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 pm

I'll forward this along.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Peter Aellig

PostSun Nov 15, 2015 10:21 am

any news on that?

Linden deCarmo

PostTue Dec 15, 2015 4:28 am

I've got the same problem (duplicated inputs and not being able to access outputs beyond 11). This is with the 20x20 router.

Is there an ETA for a fix?

Linden deCarmo

PostMon Jan 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:I'll forward this along.

Tony,

I'm having a very difficult time convincing support that the issues described in this thread are in fact bugs. Do you have any ETA on when a fix might be expected or even if the symptoms described here are considered bugs?

I was told that the iPad app shouldn't reflect the input/output mappings configured in Windows which seems odd to me because at least in my case, all of the inputs are in sync and the first 11 outputs are in sync. I just have a ton of bogus inputs and missing outputs which refuse to sync.

Linden deCarmo

PostThu May 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Tony,

Is there any update or ETA when the iPad app will be fixed to work properly with the 20x20 Smart VideoHub? Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 11, 2016 9:28 pm

You are able to add input/outputs and remove duplicate routes and view connections with the app just as you would with the software. What cannot be done is any changing of labels with the app. This would need to be done via a computer connected to the videohub. More information on these type of changes can be found here.

To add input/outputs or change the icons, you need to press and hold for a few seconds and the menu will come up to change connection/icon for that connection.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Linden deCarmo

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 am

Yesterday, an updated VideoHub app compatible with iOS 11 was released. Its much improved for me. The duplicate inputs and outputs are gone. I can access all inputs. However, only 8 of the 20 outputs are controllable on my 20x20 videohub. Is anyone else seeing this on a 20x20 hub or larger hubs?

Aerovision

PostTue May 22, 2018 4:38 pm

seems like nobody is interested at BM to solve those problems since 2015 :-)

This is higher logic: Why support a ipad-App that was promised to work when you can sell harware panels to do the same job, but will bring in some € ?

We still habe the same problems since 7 months and the so calles "third party" doesn´t bring the app to life?

This is the known game of BM, folks.

Linden deCarmo

PostTue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Linden deCarmo wrote:Yesterday, an updated VideoHub app compatible with iOS 11 was released. Its much improved for me. The duplicate inputs and outputs are gone. I can access all inputs. However, only 8 of the 20 outputs are controllable on my 20x20 videohub. Is anyone else seeing this on a 20x20 hub or larger hubs?

FWIW, BlackMagic support consider this behavior working as designed. Makes the app virtually unusable for me unless I need to change one of the first 8 outputs.

Return to Live Production