ATEM TVS- capture not working with version 6.1.1

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Emmanuel Casert

ATEM TVS- capture not working with version 6.1.1

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 10:47 pm

I tried today to upgrade my ATEM TVS from version 4.2.1 to 6.1.1 but instead of going a big step forward in fonctionnalities and bug corrections, I've lost the H264 recording feature to my laptop I use for almost 2 years now (without any problem since I have replaced its slow HDD by a SSD). This is just not working anymore from the software control panel ! I cannot use media express capture alternative : the video monitoring window just pumps 100% cpu all the time and is useless anyway because of its heavy delay from live image and sound.
Is there plan to fix this soon ?
Adding new feature like camera control is nice but only for BMD camera owner; at least when upgrading the system, I would expect that basic features just keep on working and preferably better than before !
I'm back on V4.2.1 now. Fortunatelly, H264 capture is working again.

Justin Langman

Re: ATEM TVS- capture not working with version 6.1.1

PostSat Dec 06, 2014 4:35 am

I just installed 6.1.1 on my new laptop and TVS, and confirm the video capture did not work.

It would start the recording, and the audio bars would show level, but the recording clock would not activate, and you could not stop the recording.

The only way to stop the recording was to close the control software, at which time it would warn that there was a recording in progress.

There was no video file recorded.

Have reverted to 5.1 and it's working again.

Michael Dobbs

PostTue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 pm

I have experienced the same issue using 6.1.1 as Justin Langman.

Justin Langman wrote:I just installed 6.1.1 on my new laptop and TVS, and confirm the video capture did not work.

It would start the recording, and the audio bars would show level, but the recording clock would not activate, and you could not stop the recording.

The only way to stop the recording was to close the control software, at which time it would warn that there was a recording in progress.

There was no video file recorded.

William Jones

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 11:05 pm

I have been battling with this same problem. I hope they fix this in the next upgrade. I may have to try the 4.2.1 as you suggest.

Here is a link to my post: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30375

Steven Bongers

6.1 and 6.1.1 Wont record on TVS

PostThu Dec 18, 2014 2:21 am

Just updated to the 6.1.1 and also tried 6.1 and neither let me record. When unlock the capture part and then press record it lights up but the timer never changes and if I press the record again it does nothing.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: 6.1 and 6.1.1 Wont record on TVS

PostThu Dec 18, 2014 6:01 pm

What kind of computer are you using for the recording?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Steven Bongers

PostThu Dec 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Windows7 PC
AMD Phenom

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Dec 18, 2014 8:01 pm

I haven't seen any reports of that being an issue with Win7. Maybe someone else can chime in here that has seen something similar.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Justin Langman

PostThu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Same problem occurring in this thread.

ATEM TVS- capture not working with version 6.1.1 [can't link]

As some extra info from my case;

FW upgrade via the USB cable works fine, Video Capture via Media Express works fine. So it would seem the cabling/connection/USB port are all fine. Video capture works fine on 5.1 as well, so again, cabling/connections/USB ports all ok. Windows 8.1.

CMGoodin

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 1:11 am

I have the same problem. Using a Windows 8.1 machine and a Windows 7 machine.
Won't (Capture) record in Windows 8 with 6.1.1. Record light lights up but no moving Timecode and you can't stop once started. Went back to 6.1.0 and it now captures again.
So it must be something in the software side of 6.1.1 that broke H.264 capture over USB 2. No Firmware rollback necessary to go back to 6.1.0 since they both use the same Firmware in the TVS.

I see they just released version 6.2. Has anyone confirmed that the new version fixes the Capture Bug in 6.1.1? No mention of this specific bug in the change log.

Michael Dobbs

PostSun Dec 21, 2014 7:57 am

I have a ticket for this in with the support group. They confirmed on 12/19/2014 that capture is not working in 6.1.1 and 6.2.

I had a chance to do some testing in our lab, with 6.2 Atem Software Control, and I am seeing the same issue.

I passed the information along to our team and it looks like it has been logged in as an issue/bug. Give us some time to work on / address this issue.

Return to Live Production