Atem Television Studio Recording in Laptop Directly

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Charles Sanchez

Atem Television Studio Recording in Laptop Directly

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 pm

I have A Blackmagic Atem Television Studio switcher an I am trying to record the video in h264 via the USB 2.0 port but when I try get to the capture setup I have the leeters that read in the capture setup "COnnect a Blackmagic Design Capture device" and I want capture directly.

Them let me know what I have to do to capture the signal directly.

My computer is a LENOVO E430.
Please help me quick because I have an event tonight that I have to record

sublan

Re: Atem Television Studio Recording in Laptop Directly

PostSat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 am

The TVS actually IS A BDM Caputre device.

Make sure that you've installed the Decklink Drivers on your machine for these are needed along with the TVS h264 capturing.

What prog do you want to use for capture?

cheers
sublan

Charles Sanchez

PostSat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 am

I am capturing in the same computer that I have the software to control the Atem Television Studio by the Capture icon of the software. The problem is that the version of the Atem Television Studio 3.4 do not let capture directly from the atem because there is in the window a message that said “Conect a capture blackmagic Device. In the Version 3.3 I can capture the video signal in H.264 in the same computer, only in the version 3.3. Let me know what I have to do to solve this problem in the version 3.4 of the Atem Television Studio Software

sublan

PostSat Dec 01, 2012 1:03 am

Sorry,
i haven't updated my tvs yet. It's still 3.3

Are you sure you have the right Version of the DesktopStudio Drivers installed?
They have been updated a while ago before the tvs update. Maybe the drivers didn't match correctly? I had such problems causing a fail of either the switcher software or the capturing.

cheers
sublan

Charles Sanchez

PostSat Dec 01, 2012 1:11 am

I have the version 3.3 workinh in the same computer and it is ok and when I do the update to the version
3.4 in the same computer I have the capture problem. I think that the problemis the nre version update 3.4. Try to check that. And advice me

Liam Kennedy

PostSat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am

I'm a bit confused by you saying you have both 3.3 and 3.4 on the same machine. If you install the new 3.4 software you won't be able to connect to the TVS until you have upgraded the firmware (using the ATEM Setup Utility). Have you ACTUALLY upgraded the firmware in the TVS - or only the software on the computer?

That error message sounds like you aren't even connecting to the ATEM properly. Can you control the TVS using the ATEM Software Control?

Also we do know for certian that some people have been recording H.264 from the TVS using 3.4 firmware already... so the problem is not that 3.4 has broken that capability. It does seem like there is something going wrong with your setup.

Are you recording from within the ATEM Software Control or are you trying to record using the Media Express software?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production