ATEM 3.5 Wish List

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author
DVCPRO50

ATEM 3.5 Wish List

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 am

Pop Outs for the Function tabs i.e.

Switcher Tab
Media Tab
Audio Tab
Settings Tab

Ability to go full screen or at least expand the size of the viewable area.

Timecode enabled.

Embedded Audio meters on screen and ability to change between 2, 4, 6, and 8 channels of audio.

SMPTE Timecode burn in or at least a System clock locked to NPT time server.

Expand on the functionality of the DAW HUI functions using the Mackie Protocol, specifically the MCU PRO

This control surface is a perfect accompaniment to the ATEM 1/ME and 2/ME control surface.

Ability to use MCU PRO Transport controls to jog and shuttle through Media players that are using motion video.

Any thoughts?

Tanner Schelle

Re: ATEM 3.5 Wish List

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:21 am

I would love to have all of that! Especially the full screen! Man that gets annoying...

sharyn

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 am

Be able to change focus in windows and use the Scroll wheel for t bar, faders etc for an improved software interface
Be able select which tabs are needed and dock these to configure a custom window

Sharyn

uli peters

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 am

+ Audio delay to compansate the video delay if framesync is on! (Should be 1, 1.5 and 2 Frames selectable)

+ Indication in software, panel or multiviewer if input framesync is on or off. Without this it is nearly impossible to lock an external source over long distance inside the 1 line buffer without additional expensive measurement equipment.

+ Mono mix button for the audio outputs wich mixes Lout=Lin*0.5+Rin*0.5 and Rout=Lin*0.5+Rin*0.5

+ AFV for aux outputs

+ Make all internal aux sources avalible on hardware panel (menü).

lotech

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 am

Set resolution via control panel is the biggest missing feature for us.

uli peters

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 am

lotech wrote:Set resolution via control panel is the biggest missing feature for us.

oh yes, i forgot this.

+ AFV real audio crossfade (following transition level)

Hervé Martel

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:38 pm

- Other short cuts like Key1, Key2, MediaPlayer 1, 2 ...
I'm French user :
3x ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K
+ 9 Panasonic AW-HE120
+ 1 Blackmagic Studio camera 4K
+ 3 Datavideo ITC100
+ 6 Atomos Samourai
+ 3 XKEYS 80 (JustMacros)

toby414

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm

uli peters wrote:
lotech wrote:Set resolution via control panel is the biggest missing feature for us.

oh yes, i forgot this.

+ AFV real audio crossfade (following transition level)

Yes, this is much needed!

Dave Glennie

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Guys

SDi EMBEDDED (RP188) TIMECODE !!!!! Did I shout loud enough- Jesus, the unit shipped 18 months ago with the connections to do this- I refuse to buy another Hyperdeck until this is sorted out....I hoped this had 'slipped' into 3.4......Imagine my disappointment.............

1080 / 720 / PAL / NTSC selection on the panel would be great- tired of having to fire up our Mac in the truck just to change resolution / sellings.....

Audio delay would be a great idea...

I SECOND ALL OF THESE.......

Cheers
Dave ;)
Hi-sat Broadcast
DSNG HD uplink trucks x 2, PDW-700 XDCam HD x 2, PMW500, HDW-750 x 5,
Way too much BMD stuff to list!!

Thomas Seewald

Timecode question

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi, which timcode should be outputed ? From the ATEM generated or a timcode, brought by one input ? From which input ? What happens, when on different inputs are different timcodes ?

When ATEM should create an own timcode, a external clock is needed because there is no internal (Am I right ?). So a clock display in the Multiviewer is also impossible.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

hasca

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 pm

To be able to use HDMI 720p converters on ATEM 2M/E even if the program output standard is set to PAL. (i.e 720p -> PAL)

Dave Glennie

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Thomas,

I just want it to pass TC from my generator onto the Sdi outputs......To use the TC input XLR, and embed it in the SDi for the Hyperdecks (or any deck). I don't want an internal generator- it's a vision mixer, as long as it mixes, gives the outputs it says it can on the original user manual- I'm a happy man!
18 months later, I'm happier- but certainly not delirious!

Cheers
Dave ;)
Hi-sat Broadcast

Quinn Quality

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:19 pm

When the software is selected, choose in the tab 'view' the ATEM 2 mode, than you will have the full screen.
Qmedia.nu
Lijnbaan 16
1969 NE Heemskerk
The Netherlands

InkGen

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Audio meters on multiview screen and multiview configurable... to make it possible to change the program or preview window to set Auxiliary or Cleenfeeds... PLEASSEEEEEEEE...!!! ;)
Attachments
Multiview Option.jpg
Multiview Option.jpg (206.53 KiB) Viewed 12707 times
Customiced.jpg
Customiced.jpg (87.28 KiB) Viewed 12707 times

Fred Rodrigues

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Please give us some macro buttons on the software at least a few- or any way to get a one touch (not a menu) to the Aux feeds.

Also a scaling gui- it is not that hard to do, it would make your software a lot more usable, I am running (and others too) a touch screen in a rack- limited resolution so a scaling gui would make this a lot easier.
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Eric Harrison

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 pm

InkGen wrote:Audio meters on multiview screen and multiview configurable... to make it possible to change the program or preview window to set Auxiliary or Cleenfeeds... PLEASSEEEEEEEE...!!! ;)

I see that part of your safety box in the preview is off your screen. Mine is doing the same. Any way to fix it?

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Eric Harrison wrote:I see that part of your safety box in the preview is off your screen. Mine is doing the same. Any way to fix it?

That's a "feature" of your monitor.. not the ATEM. Some HDMI monitors have a "pc mode" where it will display all-pixels.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Quinn Quality

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

A start/stop digital timer for studio purposes.
Qmedia.nu
Lijnbaan 16
1969 NE Heemskerk
The Netherlands

Tom_Bassford

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:04 pm

?? Really you think it should have a built in clock? What next a coffee maker?

Seriously, FIX THE BUGS FIRST, then get the rest of the basic functions working. Timecode via the timecode inputs clearly should work, but it is not implemented. VDCP / deck control from the switcher is also clearly supposed to be working at some point (there are GUI items to select VDCP) Maybe getting that working would be an idea, rather than introducing new functions like digital clocks, toasters and teas maids.

Please do not further waste time with audio functions which cannot ever be the best way of handling audio. Spend the time on the basic video functions which are STILL lacking. Implement some kind of macros system for the switchers, sort out the DVE resources issues on the 2ME(sic), give us the needed preset / recalls for the supersource functions.

Fix the downconverter bug. Fix the lack of ability to name AUX outputs on the multiviewer. Get the functions we currently have into a more usable state.

Provide us with fixes for the bugs in the current system. Then think about new functions.
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

InkGen

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Sorry Tom but if I want a coffee machine, I´ll buy a coffee machine. The production clock is a significant improvement that could perhaps be implemented like the customizable multiview. I agree with you that we must fix all the "bugs" that have the system but that's not something we could wish for but something obvious. I have one of the first units "Atem 1 M / E" who came to Spain and i assure you that from the first day the system has significant shortcomings that gradually being resolved. I conclude by saying that a "wish list" is just that ... a wish list and each user has their own list. Is held by blackmagic make decisions and listen to users or not.

fschimming

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Tom_Bassford wrote:?? Really you think it should have a built in clock? What next a coffee maker?

Seriously, FIX THE BUGS FIRST, then get the rest of the basic functions working. Timecode via the timecode inputs clearly should work, but it is not implemented. VDCP / deck control from the switcher is also clearly supposed to be working at some point (there are GUI items to select VDCP) Maybe getting that working would be an idea, rather than introducing new functions like digital clocks, toasters and teas maids.

Please do not further waste time with audio functions which cannot ever be the best way of handling audio. Spend the time on the basic video functions which are STILL lacking. Implement some kind of macros system for the switchers, sort out the DVE resources issues on the 2ME(sic), give us the needed preset / recalls for the supersource functions.

Fix the downconverter bug. Fix the lack of ability to name AUX outputs on the multiviewer. Get the functions we currently have into a more usable state.

Provide us with fixes for the bugs in the current system. Then think about new functions.

Sad, but it's true.

Dave Glennie

PostTue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Guys....

I'm with you Tom!!!

+1......fix it first- coffee later!

Cheers, Dave ;)
Hi-sat Broadcast

sharyn

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am

Typically development teams have multiple different groups, one fixing problems, one working on delivering announced features, and another group working on futures. Great companies do listen to their customers and gather information. Rather than discouraging these discussions they should be encouraged.
Sharyn

DVCPRO50

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 am

I have worked in International Television News for some 30 years as an Engineer Cameraman and Satellite Uplink Engineer. I have been involved in HD transitions with major networks. My thoughts and suggestions are based upon my experience in the field. I have always advocated that Bug's and functionality be restored ASAP. Blackmagic Design is a relatively new company in broadcast equipment manufacturing, unlike the Grass Valley Sony's and Panasonic's. They have produced some amazing equipment that has made HD television production and signal management more affordable. It has opened doors to Companies, churches and other video producers to have the ability to broadcast their specific programs. I have also made suggestions of higher functionality. Tom your comments about Clocks and Coffeemaker's are a tad narrow minded and frankly uncalled for. I see you head a user group that provides a very useful forum for users alike to collaborate their experiences and other field questions. I applaud you for doing this, Having the ability to manipulate the embedded audio streams although in this case it is only 2 on each SDI input of the available 8 or 16 SDI channels embedded in the stream is a bonus. I have added a Mackie Control surface to my Flypack based on the 1ME with the ATEM Control surface. These additions of functionality are welcomed, I will continue to field questions, suggestions and offer other users my thoughts. I shall also not be making pointed comments as if that suggestion was stupid or not well thought out.

CMGoodin

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:20 am

I would like to see 23.976 PSF inputs or a 23.976 mode. A lot of HD cameras output this frame rate (Including the BM HD camera) and use of the TVS or 1ME on set for non-live broadcast production would be helpful. Also Streaming or H.264 capture at this frame rate would be appreciated. This would open up a whole new field of use for Video Assist and Precision Alignment for motion picture and episodic television production which use cameras like the BM Design 2K, Red Scarlett and Epic, Arri Alexa, Sony F3 and F23, F55 & F65, and many other 24p cameras.

An easy request for 3.5 would be: Audio embeded on the Multiview outpus. That would be very handy for remote switching with a single HD TV for monitoring.

----Courtney

JohnBengston

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am

DVCPro50,

I don't believe Tom was being insulting (although I accept that is always a subjective matter), I think his remarks were intended as ironic and illustrate a customer who has spent a lot of time trying to promote BMD and the ATEM, and appears (to me) to be a little exasperated by the customer service, and the lack of basic features required to make use of things like SuperSource.

A clock is an interesting issue, I've never seen a monitor stack, in a live production gallery, that didn't have at least one clock, often more. The ATEM does have a clock and that constantly reports the times on the network. However there is no way to set that clock, and there obviously isn't a way to put the clock on the multi-viewer. If BMD could add one it would be useful, like any new feature, to someone, perhaps many.

My advise to BMD, "put back features previously removed", and you'll gain a lot of advocates who are currently critical.

Finally, there is some confusion, the ATEM can already be a great coffee maker, perhaps even a mini-converter with a GoPro attached can too. Try a stove top coffee machine sitting on top. (You may need to block the air vents on the top & bottom of the ATEM, or disconnect the heat-dissipating wires[?!?!?!]), but you can normally get BMD equipment hot enough to boil water in a pressurised container without too much trouble.

http://www.tylers.co.uk/store/product/5 ... tAodqWMAFw

Cheers

John

Tom_Bassford

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Excellent John, I had not considered the built in coffee maker options. :)

DVCPro50 (I wonder what your real name is? it is kind of strange addressing you as a obsolete tape format!) I'm sorry if you found my comment offensive, I wasn't trying to upset anyone. I do feel that these issues are quite crucial to the medium term future of the ATEM though...

MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE we need a system which is reliable and stable, where the functions that the system has are implemented in a well thought out and bug free fashion. Sadly the ATEM is not quite there yet, and I feel the addition of new functionality which was not present on the initial roadmap has resulted in a very long delay in badly needed bug fixes.

I would like to see the bugs fixed and functionality which is missing added, I'd like to see this done in a sensible order. Rather than spending time doing a clock function (which is easily overcome by running a clock on your control computer, or dare I say it getting a wall clock) I'd prefer to see work put into macros, or time code or deck control.

Another essential change which would make an enormous difference to the integration possibilities would be for BMD to publish the UDP protocol that the ATEM uses for control. This would be of enormous help to the 3rd party developer market, much of which is unable to make use of any windows / mac dependent obfuscated SDK functions. Publishing the UDP protocol would take almost no effort at all. It is completely standard across the industry to provide protocol documentation. If you look at the really big players (Sony, Grass Valley etc) one of the reason for their market dominance is that they have always fully disclosed the protocols which they use, making life easy for 3rd parties to make compatible tools which then further boost sales of the original products.

There are some amazing developers already trying to work with the ATEM, but all of them are having to hack about in the dark to work out how to use the ATEM. PUBLISH THE PROTOCOL and everyone will be happy and far better placed to make amazing add ons which will take the ATEM to a whole new level!
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Jeroen

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 9:28 pm

For our control room: Audio embedded in the HDMI multiviewer output!!

And all above, and, please reliable updates. Still no SD SDI output after latest update..
2 1ME Production switcher
1 1ME Broadcast panel
3 Television Studio
1 40x40 hub + control
2 16x16 hub
6 Camera converter
1 Studio converter
5 Hyperdeck
1 Audiomonitor
1 Multidock
Many many converter
few PCIe cards

mattbrown

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Please Please Please include Timecode in 3.5 Update

DVCPRO50

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Well Tom DVCPRO50 has been a name I have used in forums for many years, as for wondering what my real name is you only have to look at the Signature at the bottom of the Post.

Adrian Kill

DCI TELEPORT Washington DC

btw Tea is much more civilized

DVCPRO50

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 3:42 am

This is my system ATEM 1 ME with Switcher panel, 16x32 Router, Master Control Panel, 2 Smartviews, Teranex 2D Processor. Hyperdeck Shuttle as Uncompressed Bar Generator, You can't see the Pair of Mac Mini's each with Shuttle extremes in the rear of the racks.
Attachments
602779_451823511551391_1544089918_n.jpg
This is my Switcher System in our DC Bureau
602779_451823511551391_1544089918_n.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 13475 times

live linx ltd

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 9:32 am

Hi Guys , Im new to the ATEM our company owns a 2m/e with a 1 m/e panel ... I would like to see the following features added ... but please tell me if Im wrong about the 6 AUX outputs ....

1/ on the 6 Aux output please add the ability to have program as an option for all of the outputs ,currently you can only have M/E1 prev or Prog or M/E2 prev prog , Im aware the ATEM 2M/E has two SDI Prog outputs but this isnt enough when you are using one of them to feed your hyperdeck and need to provide more outgoing Program feeds , I dont feel I should have to buy a DA to output program to multiple devices when there are 6 Aux outputs available.

2/ Multiview layouts should be customizable it would be great to display 16 input windows and a preview and program window all on one monitor if need be or to mix and match different views on the viewable windows .

2/ an inbuilt Clock generator would be great for either the ATEM or the hyperdeck { time of day , or preset }

3/ Hyperdeck upgrades : the ability to format your SSD's while in the hyperdeck is a urgent requirement.

Cheers
Andrew W

marlonm337

PostSun Dec 30, 2012 3:43 am

@ 720p59.94 lose signal from ntsc output after about 15 seconds, really need this feed for monitors through out church during service time. Please how can we fix this issue. Add NTSC signal to this display
720p59.94 NTSC.

Michael Beck

PostSun Dec 30, 2012 10:21 pm

live linx ltd wrote:1/ on the 6 Aux output please add the ability to have program as an option for all of the outputs ,currently you can only have M/E1 prev or Prog or M/E2 prev prog , Im aware the ATEM 2M/E has two SDI Prog outputs but this isnt enough when you are using one of them to feed your hyperdeck and need to provide more outgoing Program feeds , I dont feel I should have to buy a DA to output program to multiple devices when there are 6 Aux outputs available.

You can. when assigning the AUX, hold down the SHIFT and CUT/FILL to access the other outputs.
------------
-Michael Beck

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Indead, reliable and well tested firmware / software is a must!! As proffesional broadcast equipment rental you can not sell it to customers if something doesn't work after a software update.

Sorry client today our composite output doesn't work anymore. Is it a problem if the viewers on the cable network have no video tonight?? :?

(yes i had this issue!! (software 3.3) I did not install 3.4 on purpose because i had read on the forum it did not work.. (lucky our SD-SDI did still work. And the importer / dealer in the netherlands was so kind to send me a converter a day later so we could finnish the 7 day job) Well Done MediaMachine Thanks Again!!

I hope that they are testing very hard on the firmware right now and that is why it takes so long before the update is released....... (hoping on it..)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

tormod1

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am

hi
this is now 2013 so the the wish list should be "it does what it says on the tin"
i think that says it all cheers
tormod

Dave Glennie

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 12:56 am

Hi tormod1

Welcome to the forum...ha, ha

I second that- COME ON BMD- JUST FIX WHAT'S BROKEN.......

oh, and embed the bl**dy timecode like it said it could...!!!!

Cheers
Dave
Hi-sat Broadcast

Thomas Beck

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't even have my atem yet(its on order) but I do have some suggestions based on comments on various forums.

First. Fix whats broken. i purchased the atem because of the sd downconvert and the ability use 60hz if needed. Both have recently been broken, one has been fixed.

Enough people have requested some timecode functions. While I dont need it, I would use it if it was there.

When get you get it all fixed then leave it alone. What would remain would be more software based such as being able to reassign inputs, save presets(ie. I could load settings for council meetings, or basketball games, etc. It would reassign the inputs and load up the media clips needed).

There seems to be a very nice mixer at the core of this product. Lets not ruin a good thing by not supporting it or even trying to make it do too much.

Thomas Beck
Station Manager
wmpa channel 5
West Milton, OH USA
http://www.youtube.com/wmpatv

Raphaël Jacquot

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 am

hot key extensions :

b for black
shift-b for bars
m for media 1
shift-m for media 2

bug ?

I have a pal 16:9 video in. all is well, except the mp4 stream doesn't show as 16:9 in mplayer when using

./bmdclient -file - | mplayer -

I get :

TS file format detected.
Cannot seek backward in linear streams!
Seek failed
VIDEO H264(pid=4113) AUDIO AAC(pid=4352) NO SUBS (yet)! PROGRAM N. 1
Cannot seek backward in linear streams!
Seek failed
FPS seems to be: 25.000000
Load subtitles in ./
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
libavcodec version 54.23.100 (internal)
Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 0.0 kbit/0.00% (ratio: 0->192000)
Selected audio codec: [ffaac] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))
AO: [coreaudio] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Unsupported PixelFormat 53
Unsupported PixelFormat 81
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Movie-Aspect is 1.36:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
[swscaler @ 0x102632cf0]BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to yuyv422 using MMX2
VO: [corevideo] 720x576 => 786x576 Packed YUY2
[ASPECT] Warning: No suitable new res found!
A: 3.9 V: 4.5 A-V: -0.587 ct: 0.000 1/ 1 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[h264 @ 0x10262ed20]Increasing reorder buffer to 1
A:19888.8 V:19888.3 A-V: 0.476 ct: -0.607 497098/497098 12% 5% 1.4% 850 0

Andy Matheson

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I definitely go for the tear-off window tabs - I want to monitor each audio channel WITHOUT switching away from the vision mixer window. While your working on that, can we do away with the long-winded method of loading graphic files into the media pool. Why can't I just drag a compatible file from my Mac/PC desktop straight onto the Graphic 1/Graphic 2 button on the mixer interface - would make things so much quicker.

Jens Walkowiak

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Hello,

I'd like to use animations with a transparent layer direct from the computer, produced with casparcg or other programs.

Thanks
Jens
http://www.walkomedia.de

Liam Kennedy

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Not possible to use animations with an alpha channel (well not the way you would expect). The video standards (HD-SDI / HDMI) simply do not support that (yes... NLE software does... but that is different). So I don't see this as being anything that can be "fixed" with a new firmware release.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Raphaël Jacquot

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Walkomedia wrote:Hello,

I'd like to use animations with a transparent layer direct from the computer, produced with casparcg or other programs.

Thanks
Jens
http://www.walkomedia.de

for this you need to use 2 inputs, and use a keyer, selecting one input as key, and the other as fill

Peter Collis

PostSun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 am

The following item first appeared on atemuser.com, but I've re-posted it here to help with the discussion:

I work on a live TV talk show where they make use of pre-built macros of two, three and four boxes on a background, to show talking guests in remote cites conversing with each other. The studio uses a $60.000 Sony switcher with four keyers, each with a 2D DVE, plus an external background animation player (a Hyperdeck!), all tied up on an M/E row to create the composite. They can then live-cut on air between the 2-box, 3-box and 4-box composites as different combinations of people converse with each other.

For comparison (and LOLs) I built an identical effect on an ATEM2, without needing to touch the DVE or an M/E row, or an external clip player, making the ATEM2 in these respects, considerably more powerful than the Sony 6000HD switcher.

However, as mentioned already in this thread, BMD failed to provide a save/recall function for the user's Supersource composites, so that in this particular respect, the ATEM2 is just a useless toy until this can be fixed.

The four factory-preset Supersource composites are unlikely to satisfy any serious TV producer, as they must be configurable to complement the user's background artwork, and to fit and crop the desired source images, and preselect the sources inside each box.

A simple fix by BMD would be to delegate another (say) four buttons to the Supersource "console" area on the ATEM panel (where the assignable Box1, Box2, Box3, Box4 buttons are), to save and recall four user pre-sets. When displayed there, being able to hit those buttons live on the ATEM panel would be just like hitting the macro keys on the big Sony switcher.

Or is there an XKeys/JB solution for this requirement?

BTW, apart from this deal-breaking "amnesia" issue, setting up and executing this kind of effect on the ATEM is a much more pleasant experience than doing it on the Sony switcher. And vastly better value for money.

BMD, you are on to a good thing here. Stick with it!

JohnBengston

PostSun Jan 13, 2013 9:05 am

Peter Collis,

I'll be trying to explain how to configure Super-Source "on the fly" before the end of Jan. I have workaround for the missing functionality, but it's a bit Heath Robinson. Sorry I cannot offer help more quickly.

I'm sure BMD will try to make this functionality "available" to everyone soon. You never know, maybe in 3.5????

Peter, you don't need XKeys, my solutions are designed to sit alongside BMDs solutions not compete. You can configure snapshots and configs to recall on say a Preview Input source changing, which is, I think, particularly useful.

Walkomedia,

On CasparCG: If you have a DeckLink Extreme (or other manufacture's SDI output card with external Key capability), then CapsarCG will allow you to play that animation, and you can LUMA key it with an ATEM without any problems.

You can have either a 4 channel video, or two separate Video Files. CasparCG will automatically assume a file postfixed with "_A" on the file name. Therefore, playing "CG1050i50.mp4" from the samples directory that comes with CasparCG will automatically play the file "CG1080i50_A.mp4" as the Key channel. Or, of course, any Flash Graphic you export into the CasparCG FT format, will output a Key Channel when played through CasparCG.

CasparCG has a forum, with very knowledgeable guys, I suggest if you still have problems, get over there, and I'm sure someone will help you.

Good Luck with your projects

John

Thomas Beck

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm

How about improved performance of the usb 3.0 connection. I here with a new laptop that crashes the minute I connect the usb connection.

Andy Matheson

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 3:27 pm

It just occurred to me last night whilst adjusting transition speeds........ Why can't I do this from the main panel by just click-and-drag on the transition duration indicator? If I can do it in the transition window as I currently have to, why not programme that into the main window and cut out another step?

Xtreemtec

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 pm

wmpatv wrote:How about improved performance of the usb 3.0 connection. I here with a new laptop that crashes the minute I connect the usb connection.

Check this forum if your laptop is compatible. It is not a firmware issue on the ATEM >>
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4277
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jens Walkowiak

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 am

Hello John,

thank you for your ideas. I'm back to my studio and I will try it. I have some events, where I make animated overlays with names during the event in few seconds. (Shows, foolball, fairs ...).
And I'm looking for the fastes way for this.
I think the best way would be I have in Atem a channel 9 für such animations and the files will be send over TCP or UDP from a PC.

Have nice day
Jens

Robert Betzner

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 am

IMHO the wishlist would be (in this order):

1.) Add the ability to store SuperSource configurations
2.) Fix the downconvert issue
3.) Add timecode abilty (please output this timecode on ALL outputs - even all Aux outputs for ISO recording)
4.) Fix the DVE issues
5.) (just a little thought) make it possible to use the Smart Control (for the BMD SDI Routers) as a simple hardware switching interface for the TVS or ATEM. Just to switch the inputs, DSKs with Take and Auto. We own a 2ME and several TVS. It would be so great to have a tiny hardware switching unit below the TVS that just uses 1RU. It cannot be so hard to build that into the smart control as it currently does the same just with other gear - the routers.

Cheers

pro
Next

Return to Live Production