6.3 settings issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

timgregory

6.3 settings issue

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Hi

I have updated my Atem 1me (original type) to 6.3 and I can't change the IP address via USB.
I can change the address on the Atem setup utility and it asks to cycle the power but then reverts back to the default address.
I have tried downgrading and that works fine. But not when I re-upgrade.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Tim

mozaico

Re: 6.3 settings issue

PostMon Feb 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Atualizei no dia do lançamento.
Não precisei reconfigurar nada. Funcionou perfeitamente e manteve as configurações existentes.
Eu que ainda não havia utilizado macro em meu setup, adorei o novo recurso.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Feb 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Hello Tim. I'm not exactly sure if this will help but it sounds like something was corrupt in the setup. You could first downgrade like you did before. Run the Switcher software and select "Clear the Startup State" in the menu. This may clear out any previous settings but worth a try. Then install the latest firmware and try the IP Address again. If that doesn't help, it would be worth contacting Support.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Darren Lew

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 4:02 am

timgregory wrote:Hi

I have updated my Atem 1me (original type) to 6.3 and I can't change the IP address via USB.
I can change the address on the Atem setup utility and it asks to cycle the power but then reverts back to the default address.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Can you tell me how long it was before you turned off the power after you changed the address?

It might help if you leave it for a few seconds longer.

Thanks.
Darren Lew
Senior Product Manager ATEM
Blackmagic Design

timgregory

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 9:32 am

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't been able to have another look at the Atem till later today, but will give the suggestions a go and let you know if anything works.

Tim

timgregory

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 pm

OK,

I have tried downgrading, clearing settings and re-upgrading (among other things) but no joy. I also checked out and the Atem is not storing any settings on a power cycle.

It seems like it is the same issue mentioned in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32529

Having spoken to support and they think this may be a bug affecting the older style 1me on 6.3.

I have reverted back to a previous version for now.

Tim

Darren Lew

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 19, 2015 12:31 am

timgregory wrote:OK,

I have tried downgrading, clearing settings and re-upgrading (among other things) but no joy. I also checked out and the Atem is not storing any settings on a power cycle.

It seems like it is the same issue mentioned in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32529

Having spoken to support and they think this may be a bug affecting the older style 1me on 6.3.

I have reverted back to a previous version for now.

Tim

Hi Tim,

We are looking at this right now. Can I please ask you to try one thing when you have the time?

Try leaving your unit on for a minute or two after you have applied the new settings before you power it down.
You can keep me updated with your progress if you want.

Just so you know, we have tried to get our own 1 and 2 M/E Production Switchers here to do what yours is doing, without any luck!
Darren Lew
Blackmagic Design

timgregory

PostThu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

Hi Darren,

I did also try leaving the Atem on for a number of minutes after applying these settings.

Thanks,

Tim

Ngo Vinh-Hoi

PostThu Feb 19, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi There,

We have an ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher & Broadcast Panel and encountered the same problem as Tim did after updating to the 6.3 firmware. The switcher simply would not hold an IP address change via USB. I did power cycle after each update attempt and I'm sure at least one of these attempts was after a 2-3 minute wait after changing the settings. We've reverted back to the 6.1 firmware for now and everything seems to be working fine.

I'd be happy to provide any other details of our set up that might help solve this issue--just let me know!

Yours,

Hoi

Peter Dokman

PostFri Feb 20, 2015 12:57 am

Exactly the same here with my 3 years old 2ME Atem.
After upgrading to 6.3, the Atem returns into the default IP address. And when using the USB tool for changing the address, the units stays at the default IP address after power cycling.
I came from 6.2, which worked fine.

Looks like a 6.3 bug to me......

had to revert back to 6.2

Darren Lew

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Feb 22, 2015 10:49 pm

If you're still having problems after updating your Blackmagic ATEM switcher to 6.3 with your device retaining it's settings, please try these steps:

1 - Roll your switcher back to 6.2 by performing the firmware update from the Support section of this website
2 - Use the "uninstall Blackmagic ATEM switchers" utility
3 - Install 6.3, perform the firmware update and wait 3 minutes before power cycling
4 - Update the switchers IP address via the utility and wait 3 minutes before power cycling again

This has worked in all our testing on all our switchers here.

Please let me know if you still have any issues after trying these steps.

You can also try contacting Support for further help.
Darren Lew
Blackmagic Design

mozaico

PostMon Feb 23, 2015 4:54 am

I want to thank enormously developers and directors of blackmagic design. Transfer and install in my atem all updates that are released, but this latest update 6.3 is really something that brought me a great evolution in my work.
Ja unheard of JustMacro, but did not want to use a solution that was not the own company that manufactures the equipment. Was worth the wait and started using immediately and I love it. Congratulations to update involved in this story in the existence of Atem mixers.

Peter Dokman

PostMon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I am sorry Darren, but it just won't work

We went back to 6.2, and we did again the 6.3 upgrade procedure exactly as you described above.
We waited even 5 minutes before powercycling the unit. But still the same problems:
After the upgrade the Atem goes into its factory default settings, resulting in the default IP address, default videosettings (1080 60Hz) etc... and no way to change the IP address with USB. He simply forgets its address.
We spend quite some time now with this upgrade procedure without results. In the past we never had any issues relating to upgrade procedures.

For your information here is our setup:
ATEM 2 M/E Production switcher serial 846604, purchased March 2012. ( I think it was one of the first units available in Europe)

By the way the upgrade to 6.3 on our 4K switcher did not give any problems. It looks like the older switchers have this problem. I hope you can find the solution as we are not planning to say goodbye to our 'good-old' 2 M/E ATEM :cry: .

Egbert Williams

PostMon Feb 23, 2015 4:35 pm

I would also like to confirm that I have e the new atem me2 4k and update to 6.3.. I have the same issue... The device is losing the ip... but I did over the setup based on the 3 min rule as stated above, and it seems to be holding
Last edited by Egbert Williams on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MambaFiber.com

PostMon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 pm

well I fully expected to chime in and say that 6.3 was buggered for me too. however, although the IP does reset to the BMD default after the upgrade, I changed it back to what i need to run and it has remained on my settings through several reboots. also, this version has yet to freeze or "quit unexpectedly" as I experienced on first releases of 6.0. This is the MacOS version, don't know if that is a factor or not. So far I am encouraged to run this version offline for further testing. With any luck I may finally leave v5.1
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Egbert Williams

PostWed Feb 25, 2015 2:41 am

UPDATE:

Sorry to say the issue still exist on my system.. As mention I have the newer model ATEM ME2 4k production switch.

The picture show that the computer is seeing the swittch at 192.168.0.103 (pk3) but the software is not seeing it...This computer is connecting over the network... if you recycle the switch .. you would reign connectivity
pk1.png
Device not connected
pk1.png (14.88 KiB) Viewed 13761 times

pk2.png
Pref panel
pk2.png (39.05 KiB) Viewed 13761 times

pk3.png
Ping to switcher
pk3.png (41.46 KiB) Viewed 13761 times

Egbert Williams

PostFri Feb 27, 2015 1:29 am

Any update on this issue?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Try turning off your Windows firewall and see if you can connect.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Egbert Williams

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Let me first say the system had no issues using 6.2. Under this version 6.3 the connection between the network router keeps dropping.... Taking off the firewall didnot affect the switcher... IT STILL DROPPED...

Arnar Valdimarsson

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 am

Same for me here. Ip does not hold on the 6.3.

Have the ATEM 2 M/E Production.

Went back to 6.2 and that works.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 4:38 pm

I would suggest contacting your regions support office at this point to see what other steps they can run you through. The contact info is on the company page of our website.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

John Gibson

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 1:32 am

Same here. I bought a brand new ATEM Television Studio and it loses ip connectivity with computer repeatedly. I have tried 3 different hubs. I connect with static ip addresses. I have tried two different MacBook Pros. It will maintain a connection for about 3 seconds, then lose connection for about 30, then repeat. Using 6.3.

Egbert Williams

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 1:50 am

It now seem to be the DHCP on the router.. I changed all devices to static ips.., and no issues as yet 8-)

MambaFiber.com

PostThu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 pm

well have been running 6.3 for a few days now, on both a 2M/E and a 4k 1M/E. Surprisingly I haven't really found anything wrong with it. Will be giving this version a shot in a real show next week...cross your fingers for me!
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

MambaFiber.com

PostThu Mar 12, 2015 4:45 pm

so have updated my last switcher (ATEM 2 M/E) to 6.3. This one has a very heavy production schedule this year and I waited until I was sure 6.3 didn't have any issues before leaving the 5.1 we have been so happy with. So far, so good. We are about to begin about 18 hours of programming over the next four days.

funny, this one did not change the IP back to BMD defaults like the last two I updated. and it retained them without the 3 minute delay before power cycling. I did use a fresh download, wonder if they fixed whatever IP glitch we were having...
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Tobias Dieterich

PostFri Mar 13, 2015 8:05 am

I've upgraded my original 1 M/E right after the release of 6.3. I don't use the default is address and it was not lost.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de

video and embedded software engineer
ready for SMPTE ST 2110

Tony Esposito

PostSat Mar 21, 2015 6:15 pm

First update your search engine to accept more types of searches. I put in 6.3, update, update 6.3 etc. and it would not let me search those names so I could of found this thread sooner.

I'm having this same issue on the ATEM 1 and I've tried leaving it off for over 10 minutes, reinstalling and all the normal things. It's a problem with the software when several people are having the same problems and having the last answer from a BM rep on March 2nd when today is March 21, saying, "I would suggest contacting your regions support office at this point to see what other steps they can run you through. The contact info is on the company page of our website." is not a professional solution.

So, has anyone figured this out yet or are we to run 6.2 until 6.4 comes out that will probably go right in?

timgregory

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi Tony,

I have settled for waiting for 6.4 (or 6.3.1). I have no imminent need for the macros but would quite like to have a play and check out Just Macros implementation of this feature.

As for BMD suggesting we contact our regional support office - I am not sure what is unprofessional about that. Generally BMD support staff are very helpful in my experience. If my kit isn't working and I have an event on, then I would consider professional support as someone on the end of the phone and not the user forum.

Tim

Tony Esposito

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm

My issue is what's the difference in us contacting them and they contact them. They need to know what the issue is also to solve then post it so their support lines do not need to answer the same questions over. Anyway it's just my opinion on how to run a support site. I remember when I first started using BMD gear and there was zero support so at least they are on here and finally last year started making training videos. I wish they would make more.

So here's the support lines to keep things rolling but I to will just wait for the next update.

United States
T: +1 408 954 0500
F: +1 408 954 0508

timgregory

PostWed Apr 01, 2015 3:04 pm

This issue still exists on 6.4.

After upgrading, the ATEM reverts all settings to default after any power cycle. This includes the IP address set from the ATEM setup utility.

This issue seems to only affect a few older ATEM's and is fine in firmware before 6.3.

Tim

Tony Esposito

PostWed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Great, so I hope that doesn't mean my 2 ATEM 1's are done with updates now. I rolled them back to 6.2 but BMD needs to be asking us the questions to fine out where the problem is.

Thanks for the head's up before I updated to 6.4. I did not buy into 2 other software base switchers a couple years ago for this same fear.

Mayur Jadhav

PostSat Apr 11, 2015 5:27 am

i have ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K , recently i upgrade from 6.1 to 6.3 but i am not able to connect device to laptop, even ping is not working.

even after downgrading to 6.1 its not working.

URGENT HELP REQUIRED.

Tony Esposito

PostSun May 24, 2015 10:46 pm

So has anyone with this issue had one of the updates go in and work for them now?

timgregory

PostWed Aug 19, 2015 9:12 am

Does anyone know if 6.5 has resolved this issue on Atems that didn't work with 6.3 & 6.4?

Thanks,

Tim

Tony Esposito

PostWed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 pm

I'll be finding out by the end of the month since I need to update my 2 set ups before season starts. I hope so.

MambaFiber.com

PostWed Aug 19, 2015 6:26 pm

can't say, I never had a problem with 6.3 on 2x 2ME (non4k) and 1ME4k unit...still running 6.3 for now until I'm happy 6.5 doesn't have any other issues...
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Arnar Valdimarsson

PostThu Aug 20, 2015 3:45 pm

6.5 does not fix the issue. I can not change the ip on the Atem 2 M/E switcher. Guess it's back to 6.2 again which sucks.

Jorrit Reuter

PostThu Jan 14, 2016 3:03 pm

6.6 is released, has anyone tried this and is the bug fixed?

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Jorrit,
I'm running 6.6.1 on an Atem 1ME non 4K and it keeps it's settings without problems..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jorrit Reuter

PostMon Jan 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Daniel,

Did you have the same bug in the previous firmware versions?

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 pm

I stayed about a year or more on 6.2. Because 6.1 update killed my SD outputs on my atem. And had to send my 1ME in waranty back and got swapped for another 1ME. So i left it un-updated for quite some time.

Updated about 3 months ago when i wanted to work on camera CCU.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jorrit Reuter

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi, is anyone running version 6.7 on a ATEM 1 M/E production switcher (first atem, non 4k) without the IP problems?

Xtreemtec

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Well don't know if the IP problem is there.. Never got that far.. Tryed installing 6.7 last week and my 1ME old version update "crashed" Software update failed... But after that the 1ME was not reconised anymore by the computer. powered down the mixer.. De-installed all BMD software. Installed old version.. Not reconised..
Tryed other USB cable.. No change.. Left the unit powerless for 30 minutes.. Took an old laptop with old 6.X software and after some strubling got it running again and did an succesfull downgrade.. :| :|

I'm hesitating if i should try to upgrade it again from another machine.. Don't want to brick my 1ME.. :|

timgregory

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Jorrit Reuter wrote:Hi, is anyone running version 6.7 on a ATEM 1 M/E production switcher (first atem, non 4k) without the IP problems?

Mine doesn't store any settings on reboot running 6.7 (or any updates since 6.2). I think this bug affects only a few original BMD ATEMs and not all.

Tim

Jorrit Reuter

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 am

wow so no good first tries, looks like to old Atems are 'not supported' anymore... I will stick with the 6.2 version that is running like a charm, only mis the macro options.

Tobias Dieterich

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 am

My original 1 M/E is running 6.5.1 fine so far. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version... but now I'm afraid that I will have trouble after reading Daniel's experience... :?
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de

video and embedded software engineer
ready for SMPTE ST 2110

timgregory

PostWed Jul 13, 2016 10:08 am

timgregory wrote:Hi

Thanks,

Tim

I am still having this problem on the latest 6.9 update.

I realise that because this issue seemingly only affects a few of the older model ATEM's that its probably not a huge priority for BMD.

Has anyone ever found a solution (other than stick with 6.2)?
I have spent time on the phone to customer support and tried all the methods suggested above to no avail.

Tim

Tony Esposito

PostFri Nov 18, 2016 6:08 pm

Here's a quick answer to this issue...there is no fix. I mailed my switcher to BM, they flashed the software and basically said they couldn't fix it. So I have to live with it. Also, don't worry about mailing in your power cord when you send in equipment. I did and they didn't send it back and I had to have them mail me another one separately. Obviously yes, they are not worried about the first models and they need to get their techs to be more organized there. This is why I hate how fast things change and taking updates...

Return to Live Production