Studio Camera crop factor Lens questions

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Neil Brassington

Studio Camera crop factor Lens questions

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi all,
We recently went for the offer that get's you two free Studio Cameras when you buy a ATEM 1 M/E, Studio Camera and the Broadcast panel. All this will replace our Sony EX3 and FS100 setup to make it easier to line up the cameras to match via the 1 M/E.

We are looking at the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Lens because it is a supported lens for control and it is the widest you can get that is in the supported list. At the moment we use the EX3 at 5.8mm wide and we need to match it. What would the crop factor be with the above lens? We have room to move the camera back, but not by a massive amount!

Also will the image quality be as good as the EX3? We don't want it to look visibly worse bearing in mind that the end product will be h.264 720p youtube material!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neil Brassington

Re: Studio Camera crop factor Lens questions

PostMon Mar 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Does anyone have an answer to this? Sorry to rush but I'm looking at purchasing asap as the offer runs out soon.

Tom_Bassford

PostTue Mar 24, 2015 12:29 am

Crop factor is the same as the pocket camera. There are online calculators which give you angle of view
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Neil Brassington

PostTue Mar 24, 2015 4:35 am

Thanks Tom,
I had a feeling you would reply. I've been reading your posts on why The Studio camera has its issues!

I just looked at http://www.abelcine.com/fov/ and have seen that if my FS100 is at 24mm to get the same field of view on The Studio Camera I would need to have a 13mm lens on it. Is this correct?

Return to Live Production