Beta Testers

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mattbrown

Beta Testers

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 am

I know it's popped up in a few different threads before but thought it may be worth a new one where people who are interested in becoming Beta Testers for Firmware could show their interest. I used to be a beta tester for a number of Updates from the time that Ankit was ATEM Product Manager but then for some reason I just stopped receiving them. Like most here Tens of Thousands of $$$ have gone into BMD products because I feel they are industry changing products that when work really do deliver. Like many, I too have had the same frustrations with various Firmware updates. Understandably the way i/we use products is different from the way any of you may use them.
This forum was a step in the right direction for BMD, it shows a desire to hear from us the end user, the ones actually using your products day in day out!
Placing a Beta Update in the hands of 50 or so users for a week will pretty quickly give you an idea of most functions and therefore issues.
Lets be constructive in helping BMD fix the issues!

Mathijs

Re: Beta Testers

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 7:16 am

I asked this 5 times already, gave Matt Jefferson my email address, but never got any in the mail.

Fred Rodrigues

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 am

We are all beta testers- does not seem like BM is testing their stuff.
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Dave Glennie

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 am

Hi

Said it before- for a UK Beta Tester- I'm in!
Our trucks are being used all the time- gladly test software on out 1M/E & 2 M/E.....

Meanwhile- I'm staying on 3.1.1. (and making excuses for 4x3 SD multiviewers rather than loose functionality- at least now I can say that if they want 16 x 9 multiviewers then the TX won't work in SD- sounds better that a software excuse!)

Cheers
Dave ;)
Hi-sat Broadcast
DSNG HD uplink trucks x 2, PDW-700 XDCam HD x 2, PMW500, HDW-750 x 5,
Way too much BMD stuff to list!!

timgregory

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

Dave Glennie wrote:Meanwhile- I'm staying on 3.1.1. (and making excuses for 4x3 SD multiviewers rather than loose functionality- at least now I can say that if they want 16 x 9 multiviewers then the TX won't work in SD- sounds better that a software excuse!)

Have you checked this in SD on the latest firmware?

I am fairly sure that my composite output works fine in SD. I thought the down converting issue was just with HD formats but I may be wrong.

Tim

Dave Glennie

PostMon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Tim,

Yeh- but I change my mixer from HD to SD depending on the job or client- but if I do a SD uplink while recording in HD, or offering an SD viewing copy of HD master record- It poses me a problem! I'm not going to jump back and forward in software.
I have enough problems getting my control panel to load new software at any time- for 3.1.1 , I had to 'crash' it when it was loading to get it to load anything after 2.7....don't ask- BMD UK couldn't figure either!

Cheers
Dave ;)
Hi-sat Broadcast
DSNG HD uplink trucks x 2, PDW-700 XDCam HD x 2, PMW500, HDW-750 x 5,
Way too much BMD stuff to list!!

Return to Live Production