Nyrius ARIES Pro Digital Wireless with ATEM TVs

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Munzing Media

Nyrius ARIES Pro Digital Wireless with ATEM TVs

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 2:53 am

I saw these on Amazon and wondered if anyone may have tried these for a wireless solution with Atem TVs?
http://www.nyrius.com/products/display.php?id=122&i=1
Munzing Media

Quinn Quality

Re: Nyrius ARIES Pro Digital Wireless with ATEM TVs

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Be careful, it depends on what quality you want to record. It is a general TV signal and not 10bit uncompressed 422 as the Paralinx arrow. The Nyrius Aries is designed for sending your Video out from your Laptop to your TV. Is is not designed for Wireless Camera work like the Paralinx. They do look the same, but the difference is in the specs. Check these out before you buy.
Qmedia.nu
Lijnbaan 16
1969 NE Heemskerk
The Netherlands

Tony Marone

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 1:36 am

Hi Quinn Quality,

Don't kid yourself! I have both of these units as I said in another post on here. They are both 10 bit uncompressed. They will even talk to each other!

The only difference between them is that the Paralinx receiver has 5 antennas internally instead of 4 like the Nyrius Aries Pro. This is supposed to help with range and dropouts. I get about 300 feet clear line of sight operation from both.

There may be some other subtle differences in chipset, etc, but nothing so great that keeps one's transmitter from working with the other's receiver.

Looking at the picture on a video monitor, waveform monitor, and vector scope, I see no difference in quality.

Don't get me wrong, I am very glad to have the Paralinx Arrow! It works great and came with a P-tap for powering from the camera battery.

Also, Dan Kanes and the crew at Paralinx, provide awesome customer support. I don't have a clue about Nyrius customer support, I guess you'd have to send it back to where you bought it.

In the end, if you compare the Paralinx at $1199 with the Nyriuus Aries Pro at $219, I think the latter is the obvious choice if you are tight on budget.

Tony

Munzing Media

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 1:58 am

Tony,
Thanks for the comparison. I ordered One from Amazon and they are out until Jan. 10th. I teach video production and we do our high school basketball games and if we could use these as baseline cams for a 3 cam shoot it would add so much to our productions and the kids would be excited for this.
Thanks again
Rob Munzing
Munzing Media
Gardiner High School

Tony Marone

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Rob,

Glad I could help!

We have used our Paralinx and Nyrius Pro together on an outside broadcast we did in November. Both performed great. My only problem was that I used an A-Vue HDMI to SDI converter on the Paralinx to get from the receiver back to the ATEM. A couple of times when the Paralinx was at the edge of its range, the audio dropped out - because of the converter. I had to power cycle the converter to get the audio back! I should have known better. :oops: The Nyrius Pro going into a Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converter had no such problems. The converter made the difference.

This was a Veterans Day Parade shoot live on TV and the web. 3 cameras on sticks, a 28ft Jimmy Jib, and 2 wireless handhelds, a real technical circus! We used an ATEM 1M/E to mix with the hardware control panel. Recordings were done on a Hyperdeck Studio and 2 Datavide HDR-50 recorders. Streaming from the site was 4mbps using Teradek Cube and Bond. We had 5 4g modems connected, 2 ATT, 2 Verizon, and a T-Mobile. The TV station had our Cube decoder and took its 1080i HD-SDI output into their router. At our server in Texas, we downconverted the 4mbps stream to 1.5mbps using ffmpeg and provided an RTMP stream to Wowza on the same machine. We had over 3700 simultaneous connections to the stream!

As far as your setup goes, I think the only thing to worry about is going to be how to power the transmitter. It needs 5v DC @ 1 amp. It has a mini USB connector on the side. You need to be careful about how you power it!!! We use the Anton Bauer Elpiz battery on the bottom of our handheld cameras. It puts out 7.2v. We use the Paralinx Arrow p-tap converter to get 5v for the transmitter.

Do not give it over 5 volts!!!!

Here is a link to a P-tap adapter that might work for you:

http://www.viewfactor.net/products/power/ptap-usb.html

or the one specifically for the Arrow:

http://www.hotrodcameras.com/paralinx-p ... cable.html

Hope everything works out for you!

Tony

Quinn Quality

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 10:54 pm

@tmarone. I humbly admit my ignorance. All i can say that my information is based on the provided specs from each apparatus.
Thanks for your great correction and make me ordering one Nyrius ARIES to add to my camera gear.
:oops:
Qmedia.nu
Lijnbaan 16
1969 NE Heemskerk
The Netherlands

Rob Hargreaves

PostSun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 pm

tmarone wrote:Hi Rob,

As far as your setup goes, I think the only thing to worry about is going to be how to power the transmitter. It needs 5v DC @ 1 amp. It has a mini USB connector on the side. You need to be careful about how you power it!!! We use the Anton Bauer Elpiz battery on the bottom of our handheld cameras. It puts out 7.2v. We use the Paralinx Arrow p-tap converter to get 5v for the transmitter.

Do not give it over 5 volts!!!!

Here is a link to a P-tap adapter that might work for you:

http://www.viewfactor.net/products/power/ptap-usb.html

or the one specifically for the Arrow:

http://www.hotrodcameras.com/paralinx-p ... cable.html

Hope everything works out for you!

Tony

Would something like this also work to power the transmitter, as it only used 500mA?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/car-ac-adaptors/ac-u50a

warnerafrica

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Guys thanks a lot for the information. I am from Nigeria. I am new to this technology (Atem). I bought 1 M/E switcher for live production at events like weeding etc. I follow this thread but what you have been talking is about TV Studio but I have 1 M/E switcher. what I am asking is can I use this wireless devices you are talking ie (Nyrius & Paralinx) with the 1 M/E? Please answer me.

Thanks. Fuad Lawal from Nigeria.

Liam Kennedy

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 pm

The wireless HDMI devices are not specific to the TVS. They work with HDMI signals.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Jonas Bengtson

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Paralinx is Exactly the same hardware as Nyrius.
Buy the Nyrius.

Ivan Tanaskovic

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Or based on WHDI technology, right? :)

Dan Kanes

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 am

Actually this is 100% incorrect information.

Paralinx was first to market with a Wireless Uncompressed Video Link System in a small form factor of this type. We launched the product to the public on June 1, 2012. Anyone who began selling a copy of it afterwards is just knocking us off.

I'm the founder of Paralinx.

The difference between our product and Lower Quality Unnamed Consumer Brand Imitators is:

1. Our product uses the AMIMON PRO chipset. This is like comparing an Intel i7 to an Intel Celeron. They both crunch numbers, but I think we all know that one is faster, and has been designed to do more.
2. We utilize Dynamic Frequency Selection - competing consumer products do not. This allows you to use multiple systems in the same area - the reason you can use one Arrow and a competing product in the same area is that our product detects the other devices and avoids interference. We use a similar standard - but we have expanded capabilities that the consumer devices cannot engage in.
3. We have a wider number of frequencies available that will allow more range, higher picture quality, and will last longer overall.
4. We have purpose built motion picture accessories.
5. If you want to support an American company putting a lot of time energy and effort into its products and customer service you will support Paralinx. Would you buy a pirated DVD movie in the subway? Because there are people copying our product and who are unable to match the professional grade solution that we offer for the motion picture industry.

Kind Regards,

Dan Kanes
FOUNDER
PARALINX.NET
Last edited by Dan Kanes on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dan Kanes

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:18 am

Furthermore - check out the PARALINX ARROW PLUS

http://www.paralinx.net

We can send from One transmitter to up to 4 receivers - this is another benefit of Being a PRO grade solution - not a consumer grade solution.

Ivan Tanaskovic

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 3:27 am

I knew it! Amimon with firmware on steroids! ;)

Tony Marone

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am

Hi Dan,

I have successfully tested the Paralinx transmitter sending to the Nyrius receiver and the Nyrius transmitter sending to the Paralinx receiver. I have measured the RF level and spectrum coming out of both transmitters and they are identical. I know that the Paralinx receiver has 5 antennas internally and the Nyrius only has 4, but the open field range seems to be the same. I don't doubt that you may have a different firmware, chipset, and definitely better customer support.

I guess in the end it comes down to whether the difference in price is justifiable.

After all, you are touting being an American company, but you get your product from China just like Nyrius. This device existed before you got in the game, you may have gotten it re-engineered for your use, but it is not your original design.

In my use, the systems are interchangeable. Most of the time, I am within 100ft of the receiver with line of sight. Never any dropouts. I output to an HDMI input of the ATEM 1M/E. Just once, I used both systems for two handheld cameras with perfect results. I am using them with Canon XH-A1 cameras with a KanexPro Component to HDMI converters and an Anton Elipz battery.

If the Nuyrius were to fail, I hope that I would be able to get satisfaction, but it didn't cost that much in the first place.

If the Paralinx were to fail, I feel sure that you guys would take care of me to the extreme! I did pay 5 times as much for it though.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Paralinx and appreciate what you are doing. I just think that many of the advantages of wireless HDMI can be had by those who might not be able to afford your system.

Tony

Simon de Swardt

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Has anyone successfully used two or more of these at the same time or is it true that you can only use one at a time?

Tony Marone

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 am

Hi funkfather,

I can confirm that it is possible to use a Paralinx and a Nyrius at the same time with no problems even at 100ft+ distances.

I cannot confirm using 2 of the Paralinx or 2 of the Nyrius at the same time.

Tony

Rob Hargreaves

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 am

Tony,

Would you mind sharing which specific battery and/or other devices you use to power the transmitter as I have just received mine from Amazon.com and would like to have a portable option for the transmitter from my EX1R?
Also, the power cord to the receiver is very short, do you have or know of a solution to extend that?

Thanks
Rob

Jonas Bengtson

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Dan Kanes wrote:5. If you want to support an American company putting a lot of time energy and effort into its products and customer service you will support Paralinx. If you want to buy cheap, unregulated junk from China, then the choice is yours.

I am European, i do not give a s--- if the product is from America or not. Don't get me wrong, i hold no hatred towards America but what matters for me is if the performance justifies the price, imo the Paralinx does not in comparsion to Nyrius. Would you condem the Blackmagic Miniconverters of running on FPGAs and being cheaper then previous equipment? What matters is that it performs, not where it's built. The Nyrius PRO performs exactly as good from my testing in production over 3 months with the device. Owning both the Nyrius and Paralinx and using them both, the Paralinx spends even more time on the shelf nowadays. Nyrius is also capable of doing One to Many with different receivers. This is like when Pro's compared the CamWave IDX to the Paralinx some years ago, saying the Paralinx couldn't be as good. It turned out to be as good.

tmarone speaks a lot of truth in his post. Kudos to you for taking the time to engineer it for production but still, the product itself is using Chinese IC's and a modified existing design (explain the similarities of the hardware otherwise).

Nyrius

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Mr. Kanes’ post regarding Nyrius product quality is unsubstantiated and we would like to clarify that Nyrius takes the quality of its products very seriously. Our products are made from superior materials and workmanship and are regulated/certified by all necessary agencies. Exceptional performance at an affordable price is the reason why Nyrius continues to be a top choice for consumers.

Baz

PostFri Feb 15, 2013 11:51 pm

Nyrius wrote:... Exceptional performance at an affordable price is the reason why Nyrius continues to be a top choice for consumers.

That may be true but how can we verify that if we can not GET THEM???

Baz

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Dan Kanes

PostSun Feb 17, 2013 12:27 am

Facts:

Paralinx Arrow uses the Amimon Pro Chips
Paralinx Arrow Features Dynamic Frequency Selection
Paralinx offers Multi receivers per transmitter
Paralinx Receivers have five antennas
Paralinx is designed to offer longer range, higher image quality, better stability, more channels
Paralinx includes accessories to make your system function on cameras

Competing Consumer grade products lack all of these things.

Ivan Tanaskovic

PostSun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 pm

What is the Amimon chip model that is used in Paralinx? Or Maxon's?

Dan Kanes

PostMon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 am

The Paralinx Arrow uses a custom PRO Amimon Chipset. We have special chip batches that are not something I can share publicly.

Arrow PLUS uses an even newer custom PRO chipset that allows for multiple receivers simultaneously while retaining protected encryption.

warnerafrica

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi guys.

I want to use 4 wireless at one location but I have a thought that one receiver can receive from another transmitter, like receiver A receive a feed from transmitter on camB instead of transmitter on camA. Please does any of you experience this?

Please reply. Thank you.

Dan Kanes

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 pm

warnerafrica wrote:Hi guys.

I want to use 4 wireless at one location but I have a thought that one receiver can receive from another transmitter, like receiver A receive a feed from transmitter on camB instead of transmitter on camA. Please does any of you experience this?

Please reply. Thank you.

Paralinx ARROW PLUS sounds like the option you are looking for. Up to four receivers simultaneously from one transmitter, or multiple systems coexisting simultaneously.

www.paralinx.net

Best,

Dan

garybruckheimer

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 8:03 pm

hi guys,

maybe that helps:

amimon, the chip manufacture produces all boards for all dealers in the china manufacture, there is no chip manufactoring outside china.

website is (english as well):
cv-hd.com

Product overview:
http://www.cv-hd.com/products_01_4.asp?protype=16

They also have cases which look exactly like the nyrius or any other if you need this. They also can print your logo on the items if you like :)

Take a look at cv series, they have some modells that supports up to 5 antennas on the receiver, they also offer a great new one with 200 meter range and up to 23db output power with external antennas, shipping in april as far as i know.

You can contact them directly, at cv-hd.com. They are very professional, you can trust them and i´m not working for them :)

I ordered several HDMI modules from cv for our cameras and customers, range was without any problem at least always 200 feet.

I can confirm that the nyrius as well all cv models from cv-hd.com works very well on these cameras with uncompressed and great picture quality by 1ms latency.

Red Epic
Red Scarlet
Canon C800
Sony FS100
Sony FS700
Canon 7D
Canon 5D Mark III

So, you can buy a nyrius when you want to use these cameras.

I can also confirm multicast from the cv-hd modules if you need that.

Let me know if you need some more infos, i´m located in europe and if you need help.

Gary
Last edited by garybruckheimer on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonas Bengtson

PostMon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 pm

garybruckheimer wrote:hi guys,

maybe that helps:

amimon, the chip manufacture produces all boards for all dealers in the china manufacture, there is no chip manufactoring outside china.

cv-hd.com

Product overview:

They also have cases which look exactly like the nyrius or any other if you need this. They also can print your logo on the items if you like :)

Take a look at cv series, they have some modells that supports up to 5 antennas on the receiver, they also over a great new one with 200 meter range and up to 23db output power with external antennas, shipping in april as far as i know.

You can contact them directly, at cv-hd.com. They are very professional, you can trust them and i´m not working for them :)

I ordered several HDMI modules from cv for our camera and customers, range was without any problem at least always 200 feet.

I can confirm that the nyrius as well all cv models from cv-hd.com works very well on these cameras with uncompressed and great picture quality by 1ms latency.

Red Epic
Red Scarlet
Canon C800
Sony FS100
Sony FS700
Canon 7D
Canon 5D Mark III

Let me know if you need some more infos, i´m located in europe and if you need help.

Gary

Thanks Gary!

This is really good stuff, getting to the actual supplier of these boxes.
Thanks for sharing information about this!

Cameron-AC

PostSun Mar 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Lets all be realistic and honest here. You say this is a professional grade solution for motion picture industry. Well it is not. You are using hdmi for gods sakes. HDMI is consumer in itself. If you want to be pro and market to the pros in the industry then you have to go with HDSDI. Then and only then would the paralinx product be worth $900 more or 5 times the cost the Nyrius. You're at 5 times the cost of products that are comparable in almost all ways. Testing proves this. To be honest, the extras you mention that your unit provides over the others are valid but in all honesty it means very little to us as the end user. The bottom line is the end results are pretty much the same and testing has proved this.

You say you have purpose built motion picture accessories. Again if you are going to use HDMI you cant really be in the motion picture game for a long period of time. There is absolutely no point in having a nice small packaged transmitter and receiver if you need a big bulky sdi to hdmi converter or decimator 2 to use it with the pro cameras we use. Now two things have to be powered on each end to use with pro cameras. Not a good solution at all for us.

You at paralinx should really change this to HDSDI if you want to be players in the industry for the long term. It will just get worse for you as more and more people repackage these Amimon chipsets. People have been doing it for years you're not the only ones. Stand out from the pack and give us what we need in a pro solution.

And quality external antennas would help your cause ten fold to boot.

If you want to be pro give us pro.

Best,

Cameron

Dan Kanes wrote:Paralinx was first to market with a Wireless Uncompressed Video Link System in a small form factor of this type. We launched the product to the public on June 1, 2012. Anyone who began selling a copy of it afterwards is just knocking us off.

I'm the founder of Paralinx.

The difference between our product and Lower Quality Unnamed Consumer Brand Imitators is:

1. Our product uses the AMIMON PRO chipset. This is like comparing an Intel i7 to an Intel Celeron. They both crunch numbers, but I think we all know that one is faster, and has been designed to do more.
2. We utilize Dynamic Frequency Selection - competing consumer products do not. This allows you to use multiple systems in the same area - the reason you can use one Arrow and a competing product in the same area is that our product detects the other devices and avoids interference. We use a similar standard - but we have expanded capabilities that the consumer devices cannot engage in.
3. We have a wider number of frequencies available that will allow more range, higher picture quality, and will last longer overall.
4. We have purpose built motion picture accessories.
5. If you want to support an American company putting a lot of time energy and effort into its products and customer service you will support Paralinx. Would you buy a pirated DVD movie in the subway? Because there are people copying our product and who are unable to match the professional grade solution that we offer for the motion picture industry.

Kind Regards,

Dan Kanes
FOUNDER
PARALINX.NET

Cameron-AC

PostSun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Excellent Post Gary
Can you tell us what the model number is for the new one with 200 meter range and up to 23db output power with external antennas that will start shipping in april ? External antennas are the way to go !
Thanks

Cameron

maybe that helps:

cv-hd.com

Product overview:

Take a look at cv series, they have some modells that supports up to 5 antennas on the receiver, they also offer a great new one with 200 meter range and up to 23db output power with external antennas, shipping in april as far as i know.

I ordered several HDMI modules from cv for our cameras and customers, range was without any problem at least always 200 feet.

Red Epic
Red Scarlet
Canon C800
Sony FS100
Sony FS700
Canon 7D
Canon 5D Mark III

Gary

Mike Squires

PostSun Mar 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Has anyone tried one of these with a GoPro, to see if it works in 1080i to the ATEM? How does the EDID handshake work with these units?

Jonas Bengtson

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 9:50 am

Cameron-AC wrote:Lets all be realistic and honest here. You say this is a professional grade solution for motion picture industry. Well it is not. You are using hdmi for gods sakes.

You are hitting it right on the spot Cameron-AC.

The difference between the NYRIUS and PARALINX is so irrelevant they are using the same form factor and "nearly" the same hardware. Looking at a HDSDI solution like the Teradek Bolt http://www.teradek.com/pages/bolt is a more "professional" solution since they actually cater it towards HDSDI, even if the underlying hardware might be the same, with a new shell and a builtin HDSDI -> HDMI converter.

HDMI is slowly infiltrating the pro market and i don't like it. The standard is plauged with issues, quirks and don't even get me started on HDCP.

garybruckheimer

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 12:29 am

Hi Cameron-AC,

the 200 meter version seems to removed from their page, but PDF is still there:
http://www.cv-hd.com/upfile/201311118374075471.pdf

I´m testing right now a new 60GHZ HD transmitter, with a 32 Panel antenna system and it works quite nice, first test were 400 meter uncompressed signal. Good antennas can help, but not only antenna counts, its also the output power. A problem with 60GHZ is LOS (line of sight), the higher the frequency the more are the problems with reflections. 5ghz band is more and more used by standard router or mobile-device, so it´s only a question of time when this license free band is overused as 2.4ghz band is today. I use 60GHZ cause i´m building a 3D rig with sony Fxx cams, where i need more then one uncompressed HD signal and more then 30-50meters of signal-range. LOS for this project is not so important cause most of the shots are outdoor.

Input is currently HDMI, but i have found some very nice and small SDI converter from japan. if someone is interest, i can share some test-results.

I also have some bolts from teradek, and i only can say that i love them. The quality of the cases are so great, HDSDI is great as well the teradek support is amazing. They are also working in the 5GHZ band and the range is not 400 meters, but it works for all of our customers.

Gary

Cameron-AC wrote:Excellent Post Gary
Can you tell us what the model number is for the new one with 200 meter range and up to 23db output power with external antennas that will start shipping in april ? External antennas are the way to go !
Thanks

Cameron

maybe that helps:

cv-hd.com

Product overview:

Red Epic
Red Scarlet
Canon C800
Sony FS100
Sony FS700
Canon 7D
Canon 5D Mark III

Gary

Tobias Dieterich

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 pm

garybruckheimer wrote:i have found some very nice and small SDI converter from japan. if someone is interest, i can share some test-results.

Tell me (us) more, please :)
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de

video and embedded software engineer
ready for SMPTE ST 2110

pallen

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 12:42 am

Hi Guys,

I have 4 of the Nyrius prime/pro/home devices. I am using them with the ATEM TVS. They work impressively well. I have never used the Arrow so I can not comment on it.

Not joining the argument. Just putting in my two cents on what I have learned and done.

I can say however that the Nyrius devices DO use the AMIMON chipsets. I have disassembled my devices and changed the receivers antenna configuration, in the process of doing so, looked up the components.

There is another unit, which is the same exact unit as the NYRIUS Prime made by Optoma (WHD100) which can be found around the same price or a little cheaper. I have tested them and they work together. The blinking lights tend to be rather bright and distracting to camera people and audience or talent so I covered them with electrical tape. I also zip-tied down the mini USB lead on the transmitter units so that they can not come off while on a shoot. The transmitters get rather hot, I do not know how they will faire on a hot day.

I have tested them at all the resolutions available on the TVS and they work great at 720/1080. I have also found that I can run a mix/match 60i consumer and 30p as long as they are at the same resolution. These units seem to do best line of sight, once walls get in the way the range drops extremely fast. There is a delay of about 2 frames, once coupled with the delay in the TVS this adds up to 3-4 frames if you are pumping in audio to the AES3i bnc. I can deal with this lag, it is acceptable and unnoticeable unless you are nitpicking, since I am just streaming to the web over Livestream and ustream.

The Pro device is the same as the Prime, the only difference seems to be the IR unit which is conveniently missing it's transmitter bulb but present on the circuit board. I haven't found any difference in range between the two. The one that is different is the "Home". I have gotten much better range with that unit, the actual output milliwatts seem to be higher.

I purchased some of these little battery units to power the transmitters for a fully wireless solution:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 1EF0GZ4038

And when fully charged will run the little stick transmitters for hours upon hours. They actually last longer than my Anton Bauer batteries (around 6hrs). I tried the lower voltage 5v USB port but noticed that it had trouble syncing up, so I run it from the higher output port and it works perfectly fine. For a portable solution, it is fantastic. All my cameras run SDI into hyperdeck shuttles and the shuttles have the Nyrius transmitter sticking out, then they transmit back to the base station. My cameras are never farther than 100 ft away line of sight.

That's my two cents,

Cheers

sharyn

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 4:05 am

So the $64,000 question, can you run 4 of them at the same time?
Are you using the version that looks like the receiver or the one where the transmitter looks like a thumb drive with a HDMI connector?

Sharyn

Sander Vreuls

PostFri Mar 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Would this work with SD formats as well?

I understand HDMI spec and SD is a bit of an unhappy marriage (some devices/monitors support it, some don't).

Are there any models out yet that use the 200m chipset that was posted earlier in this thread? I don't mind external antenna's at all :)

Rob Beck

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 12:41 am

$64,000 Question Indeed

My 2 x Nyrius pro Sytems seem to work together without problems, they even work along side my Xenta/Amimon whdi kit.

I have been using Amimon Transmitters for a while and they offer solid performance an fair prices.
I was amazed recently when we used one at a live event, we transmitted approx 35 meters through scenery flats from a Eos c100 to an Atem TVS @ 1080p. The room was filled with 4000 people (with mobile phones/wifi etc) and during the entire 2 day event we had no drop outs, no glitches, not even a hint of fizzy sparkles. Getting audio as well was a bonus.

I think that all the current Amimon chipsets use dynamic frequency selection.

[i]"[xtended 5GHz bandwidth use thanks to support for Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) capability (allowing for up to 8 multiple links in the same room)"/i]

have a read and see what you think. http://www.amimon.com/Chipsets

Just my experiences.

Liam Kennedy

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 3:44 am

Avidrob wrote: we transmitted approx 35 meters through scenery flats from a Eos c100 to an Atem TVS @ 1080p.

Umm. 1080p? TVS does not support 1080p.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

sharyn

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 4:58 am

Avidrob
Have you run them at 720P? and have you moded the antenna and what version are you usuing, there Seem to be two models, one has two "boxes", the other uses a "box" and a small Hdmi connector?
I am guessing you are using the two "boxes" version??

It does show in the manual that it supports 1080p 1080i 720P and 576P 480P
and PC resolutions of 1024x768 1280x1024 800x600 and 640x480

http://www.nyrius.com/files/products/wi ... manual.pdf
Page 12

Which model works best?
\http://www.nyrius.com/products/?category=21

THANKS
Sharyn

Rob Beck

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 10:42 am

Sorry 1080I. My mistake

Rob Beck

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am

Sharyn. the job with the atem was using the xenta whdi kit.
The nyrius kits I have are the Aries pro. Same looks as parralinx. Ie small box receiver and usb stick sized transmiter .

Rob Beck

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 11:48 am

I bought the xenta with the idea of moding the antena and output PA chips. Trying to make poor man's idx camwave which is also amimon. But after testing the performance really didn't need improving. I havnt compared the range of nyrius vs xenta. The nyrius says 50m xenta 20m. But I have proved the xenta range is better than specs. Only problem with xenta is it is biger than nyrius. So can look odd on top of camera. http://www.ebuyer.com/257588-xenta-wire ... ws-av511wh

Scott Ryan

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Can products be bought directly through cv-hd.com? I only need 1 tx and 1 rx and it looks like they are looking to sell mass quantities. Does anyone know anything else about the 200 meter line of sight version? Cost, availability and where it can be purchased?

dark_ata

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 pm

today I have responded from dv-hd.com with the price of rx + tx 200m, I think they are very expensive. about 3500 dollars plus shipping costs, another version 50m and battery also i think expensive aprox 1000 dollars
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D
DeckLink HD Pro pci-e
H.264 Pro Recorder
Battery Converter HDMI to SDI
HDLink

mrmaverick

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Has anyone ever tried the Atlona LinkCast system. Specs look very similar to this ARIES unit and they are priced similar. I know Atlona converters are popular with ATEM users so I thought their wireless solutions may be interesting as well.

Rob Beck

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Has anyone ever tried the Atlona LinkCast system.

Looks like Quite poor range by comparison
Atlona LinkCast
40ft w/Laptops (1080p)
35ft w/1080p sources (24Hz)
25ft w/1080p sources (60Hz)

Nyrius
160+ft

Scott Ryan

PostWed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 am

Here's what it comes down to. Other than DFS and range, I don't know what the other differences are. Reviews on the Nyrius on Amazon seem favorable by a bunch of film crews. For $200 might be worth a shot.

Paralinx
Has DFS (dynamic frequency selection)
320 feet line of sight range = ~ 97 meters
Arrow - (1x TX + 1 RX) $1199
Arrow Plus - 1x transmitter ($549) + 1x receiver (up to 4 receivers) ($849) = $1398

CB8858 (transmitter) + CB3858 (receiver) from dv-hd.com
Has DFS
50 meter range = ~ 164 feet
$650

CC8978 + CV6620 from dv-hd.com
Has DFS
200 meter range = 656 feet
$3400

Nyrius Aries Pro
Does not have DFS
~48 meter range = 160 feet
$229 on Amazon

timgregory

PostThu Mar 28, 2013 3:57 pm

pallen wrote:Hi Guys,
There is a delay of about 2 frames, once coupled with the delay in the TVS this adds up to 3-4 frames if you are pumping in audio to the AES3i bnc. I can deal with this lag, it is acceptable and unnoticeable unless you are nitpicking, since I am just streaming to the web over Livestream and ustream.
Cheers

Is there that sort of lag on all of these units? The Optoma WHD100 seem to be more accessible than the NYRIUS in the UK but would rather have less delay.

Thanks,

Tim

HerbM

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Got a question for those of you battery powering your receiver.

What USB to DC cable are you using? Or, better yet, does anyone know what the DC barrel diameter (inner and outer) is?

Thanks,

Herb
Next

Return to Live Production