P & T heads

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Andy Matheson

P & T heads

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 pm

I think BMD should now get into the pan-and-tilt-head business. With your camera converter range, linked by FO, it would be cool if we could use that tech to also talk to a P&T head with a BMD camera on it. That's gotta be your next area to explore surely?

Tom_Bassford

Re: P & T heads

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 pm

I'd like to see BMD produce a nice remote head camera controllable from the ATEM switcher panel. Even without releasing a camera it would be great to have PTZ controls from the ATEM panel (the VDCP/Camera setting in the soft panel indicates this may be planned?)

There are a number of interesting PTZ cameras on the market now, and it would seem like a great area for BMD to get into as many of the current options are on the pricey side!
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Richard Courtney

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 4:48 pm

They must have super quiet gearing! I'd see this for many houses of worship and wedding video
producers.

jason sach

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 8:47 am

you might find this interesting then

jason
www.tffmedia.com
www.valleyvision.com.au

Gregg Bond

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Very Cool.

Benjamin Higginbotham

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 12:52 am

Holy cow! That is epic! Now I want that to control my Axis PTZ cameras in the control room. How awesome would that be???
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Andy Matheson

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Well that Skarhoj is all very impressive (as is all of his stuff) but it's getting away from my initial point. Given that BMD have the Camera Converters that communicate vision, audio & talkback & PGM return, 2-way, all down the one fibre-optic cable, it would be great to utilise this single FO cable to also control the PTZ head. The Skarhoj idea uses Ethernet - that means another cable to be run. Also, for my purposes anyway, preset camera positions are no use. I regularly cover a big Cathedral event with unpredictable action over a 270 degree field of view for 4 cameras.

Return to Live Production