Hyperdeck Shuttle Audio Sync Issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tanner Schelle

Hyperdeck Shuttle Audio Sync Issues

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 11:29 am

My Hyperdeck shuttle is recording the audio entirely off. Seconds behind. And the audio clip is shorter than the video clip in Premiere. What is going on?

Mathijs

Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle Audio Sync Issues

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 am

That's strange. Can you tell more about the input settings, recording standard, the used SSD, etc, that you are using?
I use my shuttle on 1080i with the DNxHD format, and that works fine for me.
Normally you would expect a longer audio file when things get out of sync, mostly because normally the cause would be dropped frames. About the audio being shorter than the video, that is something I have never seen before.

Tanner Schelle

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

Exactly what I though. Straight from the camera SDI to the shuttle. Same settings as you. Crucial M4 512GB SSD.

Mathijs

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 1:06 pm

What are the project settings in Premiere? Did you set the audio other than 48000Hz?

Tanner Schelle

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 9:11 pm

The project settings match the video files. The audio is 48khz. I think the rec button on the shuttle was flashing indicating lost frames so that is probably the cause. I have had nothing but problems with this thing though.

Mathijs

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm using mine with Samsung 830 256GB SSD's with exfat as the FS and it works as expected.
The Crucial is a nice SSD too, but it might be an idea to test another brand to rule out any compatibility problems.
You did update the shuttle and SSD's to latest fimware?

DavidAP

PostSun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 am

just bought this unit and still these same issues from you guys in January. Its basically of no value to us.

Serious out of sync. One thing I will add is that we are using HDMI. I read another thread somewhere about this problem and it suggested HDMI hasd the issue but SDI did not. Not sure if that holds true - what inputs are you all using ?

SDCCMedia

PostTue Dec 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Anyone else have this issue? Any solution from BM?

I'm using the HDS to record live performances, plays etc and having the audio go out of sync on any record aver 30mins is a real pain in post.

I cant multi cam edit when i'm not sure if the video is missing frames etc...

I'm also feeling this product has no value when I can't use it.

Using Kingston HyperX 240gb SSD

Tim Durham

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 8:00 pm

I have 2 HD Shuttle 2 recorders and love them. I have always used SDI input to record but I now have a laptop setup for traveling (I live stream HS sports). So I am now using the HDMI out on my laptop to record to the HD Shuttle. I am having major audio/video sync problems. And the longer it records the worse it gets. I even tried using the separate audio file that recorded and lay it down instead of using the audio file that is with the video file. Still same issue.

And again, this is only a problem with the HDMI input. I am going to use my HDMI>SDI converter to send it in via SDI but I want to find a solution for this.

I am using the HyperX SSD which is speced for this and works perfectly on SDI input.

Blackmagic, please let me know what the problem is and how to fix this. I have quite a few other BM products and this is the only one I am having problems with.

Thanks!
Tim

Lex Semenenko

PostSat Jan 17, 2015 6:31 am

I'm having exactly the same problem. Audio out of sync over time....
Please help!

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 19, 2015 10:38 pm

You may want to try reformatting the SSD when you remove the contents every time if you aren't doing that already. If this is a step you're already doing, it may be that the drive is starting to fail on it own. You may want to try another SSD on our compatibility list and see if you get the same results.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

hatzenbach

PostTue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 pm

:roll:
loads of people having this problem.
better blame the ssd. :lol:
Hatzen Bach. Now calling Australia home.

Return to Live Production