Live scale and rotation

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

adamfilip

Live scale and rotation

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 4:58 am

I have a live HDMI feed from a Cell phone that I need to output onto a Portrait 1080P TV
currently the cell phone outputs a horizontal feed with left and right black bars,

I need to take the content outputted from the Cell and rotate it and scale it to full screen on the portrait tv in 1080p

I cannot change any settings on the cell to make it output into a different format

Can you folks recommend some hardware and software to do this live

Purpose is to demonstrate stuff on the phone to an audience

Mickey Carson

Re: Live scale and rotation

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 7:25 am

Rotating it sounds like the weird part, but here's an idea. Take the hdmi output of the cell phone into a BMD decklink card in a Desktop W7 computer with dual DVI-I outputs. Get ProPresenter 5 from www.renewedvision.com and take the live input to the second DVI output and rotate it in the screen controls. I'm sure not all video cards have rotate as a capability, but I have seen it in many nvidia cards (I am often having to display stuff on Portrait-mode LCD screens). ProPresenter should let you control the scaling - not sure about the live channel. I can't mock it up here because I only have laptops currently. You might be able to do the same with VLC and save the $400 software package.

Mickey

timgregory

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm

You could go for an Intensity Pro capture card and use some free software called Screen Monkey to scale and rotate the image.

Tim

adamfilip

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 pm

What video cards should I be using that is the most compatible?
Ati or Nvidia?

timgregory

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 am

I don't think it would matter.

If you already have a computer you should be able to add the capture card or external USB capture device and it should work.

Personally I prefer Nvidia but that is due to its compatibility with the Atem in SD and other software.

Tim

adamfilip

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm

I would need to build a very small PC for this card
as it all ends up going into a display stand

Return to Live Production