BMD SmartScope integration with CCU controller

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Baz

BMD SmartScope integration with CCU controller

PostWed Sep 02, 2015 3:42 am

For the last 6 months I have been relocating all my edit suites, audio post etc and have been a little out of the loop.

I have just finished the design of a dedicated 4 camera CCU controller (stand alone) and below I show how it will also interface and control a BMD SmartScope Duo.

As most experienced broadcast operators will know, one of the most essential items needed on a multicamera job is the ability to match camera's. This isn't just limited to 'subjective' control but more importantly 'broadcast compliancy'. Using scopes is the best way to facilitate that.

When I go out and do multicam work with one of my ATEM setups I use CCU control. I have shown some of this on other videos but I mostly need multiple CCU positions, each controlling 4 camera's (any more and I would miss out on fast camera matching during a show).

So my CCU rig includes a dedicated CCU controller (mine), a high quality 22" HDMI monitor (using a SDI -> HDMI converter) and of course a SmartScope Duo. The SmartScope Duo generally has the Scopes on the left and a quad split on the right. The quad split contains previews of the 4 camera's I am controlling.
I can also use the output of the multiviewer, although the camera previews are a little smaller.

But I also need quick access to the controls of the SmartScope Duo and don't particularly want yet another computer set up just to facilitate that. So have a look at this....

Baz

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Return to Live Production