Delay of Hyperdeck Studio Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Costa Louvieris

Delay of Hyperdeck Studio Pro

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am

What is with the constant delays of Blackmagic equipment... I am waiting on both the BMC and the Hyperdeck Studio pro, both of which we require for work. The BMC we can do without for now, but not having a recorder in place is beginning to take its toll on production.

Can we please have some answers please?

Thanks
Costa

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Delay of Hyperdeck Studio Pro

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 4:07 am

We always try to be accurate when we make product announcements, but with the amount of products we do, not everything goes to plan and delays can occur.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't what I meant by "can we please have some answers". I understand things can get delayed... but this is the second new device in a row from BMD to have delay, upon delay, upon delay. I wouldn't mind as much, but as I said before, can we please have some answers... as in, can you please tell us of the REASON for the delays.

Thanks
Costa

ksummerall

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm

I too would love a little more info. I ordered one of these at the end of June hoping it would ship in July. I have already been forced to borrow or rent a HyperDeck Shuttle for 3 events since then because it has not shipped yet. Here we are at the end of August and I fully expect the anticipated shipping date to change to September any moment now. I realize that the BMC is the sexy item right now and is getting a lot of press and therefore I would imagine the bulk of BMD's resources to get it out of the door. Let's hope when it ships in a few weeks that the HyperDeck Pro will not be far behind.
Ken Summerall, Jr
Ken Summerall Productions

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:12 pm

ksummerall wrote:I too would love a little more info. I ordered one of these at the end of June hoping it would ship in July. I have already been forced to borrow or rent a HyperDeck Shuttle for 3 events since then because it has not shipped yet. Here we are at the end of August and I fully expect the anticipated shipping date to change to September any moment now. I realize that the BMC is the sexy item right now and is getting a lot of press and therefore I would imagine the bulk of BMD's resources to get it out of the door. Let's hope when it ships in a few weeks that the HyperDeck Pro will not be far behind.

It seems that B&H (I am from the UK and ordered from CVP) have now listed it as a September 30th release date... I expect that to change again too! In my opinion BMD shouldn't announce release dates as they never seem to keep to them.

ksummerall

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:25 pm

This is unfortunate. I am rapidly approaching the point of having to cancel my order and get something else. I have a big project in September that the Pro would be perfect for. Oh well.
Ken Summerall, Jr
Ken Summerall Productions

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 pm

ksummerall wrote:This is unfortunate. I am rapidly approaching the point of having to cancel my order and get something else. I have a big project in September that the Pro would be perfect for. Oh well.

Me too... thought I would have to cancel for the Hyperdeck Studio, but I don't want to give in and give money for a device that really wouldn't suite our needs! The thunderbolt on the pro is what we are really looking for! However, like yourself... we have a big few months ahead of us that this Pro would be ideal for. It is getting to that point now that a cancellation of the order is coming. 1 month delay ok, 2 months - hmm ok, 3 months - starting to push it, 4 months is a kick in the teeth.

Costa Louvieris

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Any more news on the release yet? Please ??

mdwalleman

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 11:41 pm

I have one on order and my sales guy tells me Oct 15th. Which reminds me about some questions I wanted to ask but I'll have to write another post about it.
Mark D. Walleman

James Hope

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 5:50 am

I heard the delay was due to Thunderbolt certification taking longer than expected. IMHO, things shouldn't be advertised until they're well on their way to being available. Sure, they'd want to advertise it to get sales, but then they lose them because they take so long or release unfinished products. That's what happened with the ATEM 2 for us, and they lost a potential sale (we were seriously looking at that mixer, but couldn't wait).
Windows 11 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB RAM, NVidia RTX 2070 8GB.

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Can we have an update on this please... My company has paid for this device in full around mid July time and has yet to see any sign of a release!

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Well got an emaIl from the supplier saying another delay of mid/late October. BMD.. tut tut

FireMouse

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Yet again delayed - to October 30 this time. What happens then? Delayed to November 30? . . . etc etc? Unacceptable... Sorry but we've got work to do, and this is a waste of precious time and money. Canceling the order now and going with a different solution... No more vaporware; We've learned our lesson. Next time please wait until your more sure of your dates first before announcing availability.

James Hope

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 am

Absolutely infuriating!

Costa Louvieris

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 6:02 am

James Hope wrote:Absolutely infuriating!

Yes and not one apology or reason as to why. Come on BMD, you updated us on the camera now please you can update us on your hyperdeck studío pro.

patmcgillen

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 2:29 am

Now it's been moved to november, do I hear december? I was hopeful it would be out this month, but my decision time point on what to use on several installs I could have used this product is this month, so I now am forced to use a much more expensive solution than I had pitched, I will no longer quote "promiseware" to my clients as it costs too much. Remember the H264pro? pre-ordered in August, delivered in April!
Pat McGillen
ATEM 4k Studio
2 Hyperdeck Studio
2 Hyperdeck Studio Pro
2 Hyperdeck Studio 2
2 Hyperdeck Studio Pro 2
Multidock
2 many miniconverters and monitors to count!

James Hope

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 pm

patmcgillen wrote:Now it's been moved to november, do I hear december? I was hopeful it would be out this month, but my decision time point on what to use on several installs I could have used this product is this month, so I now am forced to use a much more expensive solution than I had pitched, I will no longer quote "promiseware" to my clients as it costs too much. Remember the H264pro? pre-ordered in August, delivered in April!

I'm sad to say that we've had to cancel our HDSP order and buy something more expensive that we can have now. That said, our Teranex 2D is coming with this new order (looking forward to that!) and we are happy with our Compact Videohub. It's just a pity that we couldn't wait any longer for this one.

Shane Smith

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 pm

I ordered a HDSP back in October, and finally got an answer back from the supplier that the hold up is due to the Thunderbolt certification which still hasn't gone through (January). There was no timeline given for the certification either. Anyone at BM want to comment if and when this certification is going to go through, and you can start shipping?

Jonas Bengtson

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 am

Our supplier told us that BlackMagic sent them to cetrification last week. Should go fast after that he told me. Waiting :)

Christine Peterson

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 7:04 pm

HyperDeck Studio Pro is now shipping: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... eckstudio/
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

scottyp100

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

Hoorah!!

So when will the LAN port and all the front buttons do something? Anything?

SP

jvpeters

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Really? Just went to B&H and they are saying it's available for preorder and that they might have some at the end of this month. The Adorama site states "This item is currently back ordered from the Mfr. We have no estimated time of arrival for this item"

We have been waiting and waiting (and waiting some more) for these units. Can you tell us who actually has some to order?

Albert_Dupont

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 4:11 am

Got my Hyperdeck Studio Pro earlier this week and used it on our first production last night.
Albert Dupont

jvpeters

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Really? That's great. Where did you get it? Nobody seems to carry it.

Unfortunately this is becoming very typical of Black Magic at this point - not responding to customers questions. I know everyone is stressed because they cannot cover orders of the BMCC, but it now seems to be impacting the entire company. :(

jtekippe

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

I ordered the HDSP back in July and am still waiting. B&H still has it listed as "Available for pre-order". If this product is really shipping, why is it not available? Would love an explanation for the lack of supply, and would love even more to have a realistic ETA on this deck.

It's very frustrating to order items in good faith and then to be treated with so little regard. If BMD was upfront about crowd-funding production of new products, I could make an informed decision about purchasing from them. I guess in the future I'll have to expect 8-12 month lead times on new products from BMD and factor this into my purchasing decisions.

Christine Peterson

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm

The HyperDeck Studio Pro began shipping a couple weeks ago, but we're still working our way though the pre-orders. It's looking like we should be able to get through the backlog within the next month or so. At that point, you should begin to see them in stock.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

ranger9913

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Got my shipping confirmation today from B&H. I ordered July 19th.

Return to Live Production