hyperdeck pro res use and power tap

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

George Sickler

hyperdeck pro res use and power tap

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 am

Does anyone use the Hyperdeck with a power tap, that might be affordable? BH has a switchtronix for just under $500 - I about threw up thinking of spending that much for a battery again. - Then I noticed their power tap cable from switchtronix for $150 - that is also over priced. - yikes!

Just wondered what the consensus is.

Also, does anyone know the capture time on the Hyperdeck for pro res? Is it the same as the Atomos products since the codec is similar?

I could not find any documentation on it.

I am ditching my Atomos gear and going with the hyperdeck. (I have 2 Ninja 1's for sale if anyone is shopping. Sold my Samurai)... - Thanks!

oh oh, And hard drives for the Hyperdeck. - I have three intel 120gbs, but am wondering what is the most affordable bang for the buck. - Since I have to switch to SSD.

Thanks

George
George Sickler
Colorado Digital Video

Jonas Bengtson

Re: hyperdeck pro res use and power tap

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm

If you have a iPhone you can download the AJA DataCalc ( https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/aja-datacalc/id343454572?mt=8 ) and count on it but it all depends on your drive. I will list some different formats and their usage:

720p60 59,94 ProRes (HQ)
5 Hours: 600 GB
2 Hours: 240 GB

PAL 25 ProRes (HQ)
5 Hours: 174 GB
2 Hours: 70 GB

Colemar Nichols

Re: hyperdeck pro res use and power tap

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 7:19 pm

The Hyperdeck Shuttle can handle a 12V input, so no need to control voltage from a Ptap. In fact, I've had no problem running a HS2 + two on-board monitors from a Ptap Multi 4-port splitter.

As for SSD's, they're price fluctuates daily so there's no certain "bang for your buck"; but I've never had a failure from SanDisk Extreme or Intel 520 series drives.
http://vimeo.com/colemar

Return to Live Production