Mini Converter HDMI to SDI - DIP Switch Settings

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

alanjscher

Mini Converter HDMI to SDI - DIP Switch Settings

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm using two seperate Mini Converter HDMI to SDI Blackmagic Design boxes to transform my current Sony NXCAM HDMI output to go to a Matrox VS4 SDI capture card for use in Wirecast Pro.

I am running into the issue of having to plug the converters into USB and using the software "Settings" tab to change the DownConverter from Off to Anamorphic 16:9. I can then unplug the converter from the USB and connect my HDMI and SDI cables and see the video source in Wirecast perfectly (with a minor delay) My issue comes in when I unplug the converter from AC power it looses that setting and I loose signal into Wirecast. I am in need of placing the cameras quite far (100 feet) away form my base computer, so I have to move the box from the computer to the camera to finish my setup.

Is there a way to do one of the following options:

1) Get Wirecast to recognize the sources into the Matrox VS4 card without needing to have the mini converter downconvert the signal from full 1080pHD to the Anamorphic 16:9? (please don't suggest changing project settings as I have already pursued this option many times)

My preferred option:
2) Change the mini switch dip settings to remember the change I am making in the software and not have to plug in via USB at all? Basically I want the switches to already state to the converter that they need to take the input signal and downconvert from full HD to anamorphic 16:9 and not have to do the software change at all.

Thanks for the help.
Alan

Liam Kennedy

Re: Mini Converter HDMI to SDI - DIP Switch Settings

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 pm

This post has an excellent summary of the dip-switch settings - and particularly how you can manually configure the down-convert options without the use of a PC connected via USB.

As for why Wirecast cannot view the HD signal on the Matrox VS4 card - what have you tried? Have you been able to get any HD video to work connected to that? Have you tried to view the video using some other utility other than Wirecast?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production