Atlona HD560 scaler colour wrong on TVS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

evilb66

Atlona HD560 scaler colour wrong on TVS

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 am

Hello.
I have recently bought an Atlona HD560 HDMI scaler to use with my TVS.
I am in Aus, so I am using it to upscale to 1080i50, in 50Hz.

The problem is that the image on the TVS has the colour wrong. Green is OK, but it seems that red and blue are reversed.

However, if I plug the Atlona scaler into my TV it is fine.

Is this an RGB/YUV colourspace issue?

I have the same issue on 3.2 and 3.4 software.

Any help appreciated.
the first part of my real name is Mr B. if that's not enough for bmd, please cancel my registration to this site. then i will re-register with a new email and fake name anyway.

Mathijs

Re: Atlona HD560 scaler colour wrong on TVS

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 am

I had the same with my tvone 1T-VS-558 on firmware 3.2, but the problem corrected itself with the next firmware update. I was converting from VGA to DVI with it at that time, so made a working setup by using 2 VGA-RGBHV cables coupling them together with red and blue reversed. That saved my day quite easy for that moment. ;)
To get everything right, you should ajust colours a bit as their levels are off that way, at least with me it was like that.
It is strange the used firmware makes no difference for you, did you already open a ticket at BMD support?

evilb66

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks for the reply.
Weird that you had that problem too with a different (much more expensive) device.
I guess if a BMD software update fixed it then it must be a BMD issue.

I also orded an atlona HDview50 for vga to hdmi. I will be very interested to se whether it exibits the same colour issues.
I will log a service request with BMD and see what they have to say.
the first part of my real name is Mr B. if that's not enough for bmd, please cancel my registration to this site. then i will re-register with a new email and fake name anyway.

Mathijs

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 pm

Yes, the strange thing is that I also own two tvone C2-2205A units, and they did not have the problem.
So it can be a edid issue of somekind, it might also be a good thing to check if there is a firmware update for your atlona unit. That might also fix the problem with the ATEM. At least when you input VGA or RGBHV you can correct it, when inputting DVI you cannot.

evilb66

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Ok. So I have received my other atlona scaler, an HDview50.
The colour is good on it. So I think the problem may be with the atlona firmware on the hd560.
I still haven't managed to get throught to atlona tech support.

on a side note, the hdview50 does not offer 1080i50. So I have to use it in 720p50.

evilb66

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 am

So still no solution, although I have discovered the colour is ok when the hd560 is set to 720p.
So the colour issue is only a problem at 1080i50.

Tom_Bassford

PostFri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

are you sending RGB into YUV input? Try setting you graphics card to output YUV.
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

sharyn

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 5:02 am

check the version of the firmware in the HD560. (if you attach your hd560 to a hdmi monitor and use the menu to display the firmware version) then check with Atlona tech support and see if it is the latest, I had to have my upgraded The fact that it works correctly at 720p leads me to believe that is a possible firmware in the HD560 issue.
Sharyn

sharyn

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 am

If your unit is firmware 6.16L it needs an update, the latest versioon is 6.36L
Once I had my unit upgraded to 6.36l I have had no problems
Atlona is very responsive and helpful

Sharyn

Return to Live Production