SmartView Duo and HD Monitors 1080P Issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ian Abbey

SmartView Duo and HD Monitors 1080P Issue

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Was wondering if anyone could help with this

I was doing some testing in the workshop for a client the other day and pushing 1920 x 1080P out of a DataVideo DAC-70 Up/Down/Cross converter into a pair of BMD SDI - fibre boxes linked with single mode fibre then out of the SDI -Fibre into a BMD SmartView Duo - seems easy enough but for some reason the SmartView Duo did not display the image

Tried one of my SmartView HD monitors and still nothing

Tried a standard BMD SDI-HDMI then into an old LG monitor - still nothing

Tried a DataVideo SDI-HDMI then into an LG monitor and it worked

Removing the fibre link section of the above did not make a difference - 1080p out of DAC-70 straight into SmartView = no image displayed, same for BMD SDI-HDMI into old LG (no image) - via DataVideo SDI-HDMI into old LG and it works so its not the fibre links??

I really don't understand what's going on - in basic, it seem to me that the SmartView Duo, the SmartView HD and the BMD SDI-HDMI do not like 1080P? Or maybe it's the 1080p out of the DAC-70 they don't like but I think they should?

All the BMD kit was purchased in 2014 so not that old

If the resolution is dropped to 1920x1080i everything works as it should, think it also worked at 720p but I might be making that up (will have to test again to confirm this)

Am I right in thinking 3G SDI is 1920 x 1080p? Only ask as I seem to remember the BMD kit should be able to handle this?

This testing was done a week or so ago but I'm going to rig it all up again and see what happens, might even pull out the ATEM PS 4K, set that to 1080p and use that as a send/test signal

Anyway any advice or ideas form anyone would be great

Thanks all

Tom_Bassford

Re: SmartView Duo and HD Monitors 1080P Issue

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 6:08 pm

You are probably outputting level A 3G. BMD gear only supports level B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Ian Abbey

Re: SmartView Duo and HD Monitors 1080P Issue

PostWed Jul 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply, sorry I've taken so long to reply - sometimes I really don't know where the time goes

Anyway I think you have hit the nail on the head with the level A and level B - why do they make it so difficult

Just noticed that a GVG scaler I have has the ability to switch between the two levels which at some point will be very handy

Thanks again Tom

Return to Live Production