Keyboard access while using Macro panel

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Brett Tippet

Keyboard access while using Macro panel

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 1:43 am

We are using the Keyboard shortcuts extensively for our ATEM 4k Switcher.

Problem we've uncovered recently, if you select something in the Marco panel, it becomes the active window and the keyboard shortcuts no longer work until you click on the main panel.

Can the Keyboard shortcuts be usable while the Macro panel is the active panel?

Scott Smith

Re: Keyboard access while using Macro panel

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 pm

A) other solutions like Just Macros, X keys, and/or skarhoj.
B) a network switch and another computer running the macros
C) the dedicated switcher panel with your computer to do the macros
D) BMD finally decides to come up with keyboard shortcuts that don't take you out of the switcher mode

I expect D to be a very long wait.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

PhotoJoseph

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 12:06 am

I know this isn't really what the question is about, but since we're talking about other ways to control the ATEM… the iOS app Strata Pro works great. I use it to trigger macros (by touch obviously) so I don't have to mouse and click to get to it. Easier to do when producing your own show while on the air ;-)

-Joseph
https://youtube.com/photojoseph

Resolve Studio 18.6.5
macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
MacBook Pro M2 Max
96GB RAM
Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini on 10gb network
Synology RS1221+ 10gb
Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K Mini
ATOMOS NEON 4K reference monitor

GallerySienna

PostSat Nov 25, 2017 4:16 pm

For anyone using ATEM Macros in anger, you may be really interested to know there is now a dedicated ATEM Macro Panel app available for iPad.

Strata Macros uses the whole iPad screen to present pages of 12, 16 or 48 Macro Buttons which can be coloured and offer a one-touch trigger of all your ATEM macros.

Strata Macros at the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strata-macros/id1297520841?ls=1&mt=8

Jean-François Pône

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 pm

I developped another solution based on the BMD ATEM SDK and the examples therein. It is a small .NET application (Windows) which connects to the ATEM and send "execute macro #n" when the "n" numeric keyboard is pressed on the PC even if it doesn't have the focus (I use monitor the sound levels, so ATEM Software Control has the focus).
However, as I am not a Windows developper, the application is not polished and sometime crashes (exception not handled, I know, a null pointer somewhere), but it is usable if you don't need to switch very fast (a few seconds needed to restart the app).
If a .NET developper would like to look at, I will be happy to send him the project.

But I agree the best would be for BMD to define shortcuts in Atem Software Control to do the same...
For instance, when the macros window has the focus, key n executes macro #n. Easy from the inside...
--
Jean-François

Return to Live Production