Micro Video Hub

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jrsongod

Micro Video Hub

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello, guys, I'm updating my system to HD and I would a few information from you. As I'm in Brazil, we don't have a lot of access for BMD products.

My idea is use the Micro Video Hub (16 inputs and outputs).

I have 4 signals coming from my Technical Central (from my TV Station), those signals are variable between SDI SD and SDI HD ( plus 4 signals from Hyper Decks (SDI HD), and 4 PGMS in SDI SD or HD (variable as well).

I would as well control the 8 outputs using 8 smart control, each one controls a different output.

I attached a copy from my project, if somebody that uses those products could help me to say if this project will work out.

Thanks for all the help,

Santiago
Last edited by jrsongod on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Knoche

Re: Micro Video Hub

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 am

Do you have a higher resolution of your diagram? quite hard to read when I tried
Daniel

jrsongod

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello, Daniel,

Thanks for the help.

Here is a link for high-res of the diagram.

Link
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4479/projetomasterforum.jpg

Thanks!

Walterllc

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Santiago,

Somos revenda autorizada BMD no Brasil. Temos vários projetos de integração com equipamentos BMD em TVs e UMs inclusive com o VideoHub.

Se preferir entre em contato comigo (31 3284-3521).

Ps.: Prestamos serviços de garantia e de suporte para projetos sem compromisso a todos clientes Black Magic no Brasil.

Atenciosamente,

Walter

Daniel Knoche

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 am

Hi Santiago,

I think I understand what you want to do.

Have 4 inputs from your TV station, 4 from the hyperdecks, the 4 PGMs are these from where?

Master 1, 2, 3, 4:
In each master are you having the same image? One from SDI distribution and one from the video hub? Are these monitors in a rack? On a desk?
Stream1-8, where do these go?

From what I see, believe should do:
Inputs to videohub:
4 from TV station, 4 from hyperedcks, 4 PGMS:
Outputs:
8 to screens (assuming you need the 8) 8 to "Stream"
Do not believe you need any DVI distributors

In terms of the smart control, you should only need 1. You have the option to create so that:
-for each output select what the inputs are or
-you can create macro buttons (i.e. when you want to switch stream 1's input, you also switch monitor 1 input to the same input) etc

Would also consider using SDI capable monitors rather than HDMI-SDI converter, one less point of failure. If it is a rack (or even not) consider a BM smart view (either duo or HD)

What are your hyperdeck inputs? Purely file transfer to the drive?

Hope this all makes sense
Daniel

jrsongod

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Hello, Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

1st - We already have the Aja SDI-HDMI (SD/HD), from our SD master;

2nd - I use the SDI Distritution because I need the same signal on my TV PGM, in my Stream and (the signal generated on Master 1 eg. I need to input in microvideo hub as well), so I can see what's going on in all the Masters (I have 4);

3rd - We are using the Hyperdeck to exhibit the material record in our video editor;

4th - We want to use the 8 smart control, to control each output from the microvideo hub, eg. smart control 1, controls output 1, smart control 2, controls output 2, etc...

My main doubt, if it's possible one microvideo hub works with 8 smart controls together.

Thanks!

Santiago

Daniel Knoche

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi Santiago,

1-Makes sense! Would still go out of the videohub rather than distributor
2-Would still use the microvideohub rather than SDI distribution; in essence videohub is distribution but with more control. If you don't have enough outputs, consider the compact videohub; would give you more flexibility than SDI distribution. Would also most likely prove to be more cost effective over buying serveal distributors. As I am uncertain why you have 2 outputs from a distributor into the videohub. With the videohub you would only need 1, it will automatically do the distribution. (if you wanted to you could have input 1 going to all 16 outputs or any variety from 0-16 outputs and the same is true for all 16 inputs; depending what else you are doing)
3- cool, easy
4- Good question! Had a look at the manual. You can set up the smart control as a "cut-bus" controller. (Page 16 of manual) In this set up, you can choose from multiple inputs, but there is only 1 destination. The other option is an "XY" controller where you can set it up with up to 20 destinations; including macro buttons; which is what I was thinking in terms of the set up where you would have 1 controller and 1 button goes to multiple destinations.
For what you are looking at, you can set up as "cut-bus" You can program the controller, save the settings and then load them onto all your other controllers, and simply change the single destination for each controller. (Page 17)
Recommend you downlaod the manual and read through and especially look at pages 16-18

So in summary; still would not have any distributors, connect your SDI-HDMi converters directly to the videohub, possibly consider a compact videohub if you need more outputs, you can do what you want with the smart controllers set as cut-bus.
Daniel

jrsongod

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 am

Daniel,

Thanks for all the help!

About using the SDI Distribution, I would use, because when I select the input on the smart control, I would change n the same time, the signal on the TV PGM, and in the STREAM, the smart control, will works like a "switcher".

Thanks again for all the help!

Best regards,

Santiago

Return to Live Production