Arduino Shield Thread

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

davidH

Re: Arduino Shield Thread

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Anyone nows how to make it work with the Arduino Leonardo?
I have it working with the uno buy I can't make it work with the Leonardo. I connected GND, sda and scl from Leonardo pins that are different from uno.
Thank you.

Xtreemtec

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Should not be a problem.. The i2c connector on the leonardo is also near the reset button. As well as on the SDI board.

bmdSdiShieldPinout.png
bmdSdiShieldPinout.png (21.69 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Keksstar

PostSun Feb 02, 2020 4:40 pm

Does anyone have an example code for the getcameratally command?

Keksstar

PostWed Feb 05, 2020 8:00 pm

Alrighty... got it workin with the help of Daniel Wittenaar :)

-Nick-

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 10:09 am

Hello everyone,

I am currently developing a camera remote control and unfortunately hang in one place.
I don't get the following commands to work:

SDI-Overlay.png
SDI-Overlay.png (10.83 KiB) Viewed 2985 times

SDI-FocusAssist.png
SDI-FocusAssist.png (21.24 KiB) Viewed 2985 times

Did anyone ever get these commands up and running?
Could someone send me a code sample?
Besides, I don't understand how to interpret the int 16 bit-field.
The rest of my code is working fine.

I would be very pleased to receive an answer.
Greetings from Germany,
Nick

PS.: I use a shield with the current software version 1.1.
As a camera I use a Ursa Mini 4k. But I also tried it with a Ursa fullsize and a Ursa Mini Pro G1.

mizelly41

PostWed Apr 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Is the shield able to read the incoming tally?
I am interested in hooking up an LED to the Arduino and making my own tally light at a non Blackmagic camera.

Valentin_Pscheidl

PostMon May 11, 2020 10:38 am

Im currently getting started with the shield. Most of the commands I like to use I got working, but my main problem with the shield ist getting my PGM through the device while controlOverwrite ist active. I only reseave a frame at my camera in the second I refresh a command (LED 4 blinks at the shield). This isn't just a problem of my custom sketches, it also takes place with the example PotZoom Sketch.
Did anyone had simular experience and found a solution?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

fenderam07

PostWed Jul 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi, I'm having in issue with initiating an Auto White Balance command via arduino. I'm able to make the Instantaneous Auto Focus work which uses the same command format.

The Auto White Balance type is void, so calling the command should work, but doesn't. Here's the function I made:

// This sends a white balance adjustment command, with a simple camera control packet.
void autoWhiteBalance() {

sdiCameraControl.writeCommandVoid(
1, // Destination: Camera 1
1, // Category: Video
3 // Paramter: Auto White Balance
);
}

Can anyone verify if they've gotten this function to work?
Thanks!

makoe29

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi everybody,

i'am new to developing with Blackmagic technology and I have a general question.

My idea is to build a measurement technology software, that can be used to display (for example) the videostream as a waveform graphic with the specific values in a user interface.
For this I think I have to extract the metadata from incoming the SDI video.

Some posts before I read that it is possible to extract metadata with the Library of the Shield. And in the documentation I found a table with different groups and id's, which I think I can use for this.

In fact the shield is applied for control purposes. Is it also possible to use the shield for measurement solutions?

Greetings
Marco

Xtreemtec

PostMon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am

makoe29 wrote:Hi everybody,

i'am new to developing with Blackmagic technology and I have a general question.

My idea is to build a measurement technology software, that can be used to display (for example) the videostream as a waveform graphic with the specific values in a user interface.
For this I think I have to extract the metadata from incoming the SDI video.

Some posts before I read that it is possible to extract metadata with the Library of the Shield. And in the documentation I found a table with different groups and id's, which I think I can use for this.

In fact the shield is applied for control purposes. Is it also possible to use the shield for measurement solutions?

Greetings
Marco

Nope the shield will only Extract SDID / DDID info 0x51/0x53 as they are used for the BMD control protocol. Also it only accepts BMD data.. So it wont show any other info in the ANC data.

Also it wont measure anything for waveform or such.. You might need to look into a computer solution with a decklink card and custom build software.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

makoe29

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 12:18 pm

Thanks for this very helpful information. @Xtreemtec

Jacob Abramson

PostWed May 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:
Nope the shield will only Extract SDID / DDID info 0x51/0x53 as they are used for the BMD control protocol. Also it only accepts BMD data.. So it wont show any other info in the ANC data.

Is this a physical limitation of the Shield, or the Arduino libraries not being developed enough to read the other data?
Equipment In Use:
ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K
ATEM Production Studio 4K
ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel
HyperDeck Studio Pro 4k
HyperDeck Studio
Teranex 2d
Teranex Express
MultiView 16
DeckLink Quad
Pocket Cinema Camera
Video Assist 4k

Xtreemtec

PostThu May 06, 2021 6:17 am

It is build for 1 purpose. Generating sdi anc data to control the bmd cameras from other solutions. And that is what it does!! So the engine inside is only doing that. And not much else.

If you want anything else. You just need to find a fpga developer that can make something that fits your needs.

BlkKnight

PostMon May 10, 2021 4:10 am

Has anyone had success using the shield with an Arduino Uno Wifi R2? If so, did you have to make any modifications to the wiring?

I have soldered all of the headers in place so I can easily stack the shield. When I stack it onto the Uno Wifi R2, the six LEDs on the shield blink rapidly immediately on power up. I've tried rerouting A4,A5 to SDA,SCL (including bending the I2C pins), but the result is still the same with the six LEDs blinking rapidly.

If I move the shield to an Arduino Yun Rev2, the shield boots correctly. I would prefer to use the shield with the Uno Wifi R2 if possible since I need wifi, but I don't need any of the other capabilities of the Yun (ex: linux).

Thanks!

Xtreemtec

PostMon May 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Have you tried the Serial option?? Just to test it??

BlkKnight

PostMon May 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I have not tried changing to serial yet. I'm having trouble getting the shield to be recognized by the shield setup app. It's seen by the computer as a USB device and the Windows driver is correctly loaded, but the setup app never finds it.

Xtreemtec

PostMon May 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Hmm that is weird.. Did you power it externally with a proper 12V power supply?? This is mendentory.

We have about 40 of those shields in products and never had any issues...

BlkKnight

PostMon May 10, 2021 7:53 pm

It's very peculiar. I've tested with two separate 12V 1.5A power supplies, one which came with a Micro Studio 4K. I presume it's possible there is an I2C address conflict on the Uno Wifi R2, but I can't change the address since it won't detect with the setup app on the computer.

Perhaps the shield is defective. I didn't think so since the computer recognizes it properly in Device Manager, but the setup app simply won't see it in any configuration (standalone, mounted to Uno Wifi R2, or mounted to Yun). I guess I'll have to pursue a replacement, although at this point I've soldered the headers...

Thanks!

Koen Deschepper

PostMon May 10, 2021 8:20 pm

You can write a scanner program and run it with and without the shield. Maybe there is a problem with the i2c pull-up.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

johnnyzerox7

PostWed Jan 12, 2022 4:50 pm

I have the same problem as BlkKnight. I recently got Uno Wifi Rev2 (replacing an UNO R3 with ethernet shield) to use with the BMD shield for a mobile camera and encountered the same behavior. When mounted directly to the Rev2, all 6 LED lights on the BMD shield blink rapidly and the shield never actually powers up completely.

Bizarrely, if I put an Arduino shield (in this case an ethernet shield) between the Rev2 and the BMD shield, it works fine, though that adds the bulk of an unnecessary board to the mix.

maty_eng

PostMon Jul 10, 2023 8:02 pm

Hello, due to my wiring error, the I2C connection occurred when main power was not supplied to the shield and the i2c part stopped working. It looks like the U18 integrated circuit on the board has gone. Unfortunately, it took three more burned boards before the error was revealed. Is there any chance to find out what the U18 component is on the board and whether it can be ordered. Thank you very much. :oops:
Previous

Return to Live Production