red and blue colour switch over HDMI

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Fred Rodrigues

red and blue colour switch over HDMI

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 pm

After many hiccups I am very happy with the 3.5 firmware for te ATEM. I have one question. When I work in SD I still revert to 2.8 as two of my laptops plugged in via HDMI (15" macbook pros from 2011) come up with the red and blue switched (I think that is what it is- that is what it looks like anyway). This only happens when I am running in SD PAL.

I am now only switching between these 2 firmwares, not a perfect solution but my stuff is reliable.

However I would really like to know why this is, not just for working with the ATEM but as something I can watch out for in general. Any ideas? Can someone from BM chime it?

Fred
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

evilb66

Re: red and blue colour switch over HDMI

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am

I feel your pain.
I get the same prob (but interestingly only in 1080, NOT in 720) using some Atlona HDMI probs.

I would love the option to 'reverse red & blue'
the first part of my real name is Mr B. if that's not enough for bmd, please cancel my registration to this site. then i will re-register with a new email and fake name anyway.

timgregory

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 pm

On a Windows machine with Nvidia graphics card, I get the option to change between RGB and CMY on the colour settings. This fixes the issue that you have got.
This has also happened to me only when running in SD.

I am not sure if your Mac has this option though.

Tim

Jonas Bengtson

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Long shot but http://www.madrau.com/indexSRX4.html SwitchResX might solve the problem with custom screen output on mac.

Fred Rodrigues

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Ye all, thanks, I tried switch resX to no joy. It is pretty annoying but I have got used to it. It is strange that some firmware versions of the ATEM give me a perfect picture and some not.

Looking around it is an EDID issue- I have solved these problems easily on windows but on OSX I have only been able to achieve timing correction. It is yet another box but I believe the EDID parrot would solve this but at the moment I am not in a position to buy one- especially when a firmware downgrade fixes it (well skirts it anyway).

Cheers for the help

Fred
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Return to Live Production