Intensity Pro 4k + OBS issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Kyle Manning

Intensity Pro 4k + OBS issues

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 1:07 am

Hello!
My Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4k just arrived today and I have been trying to get it to function with OBS. I am using driver 10.7.1, windows 10, and OBS Studio 0.15.4. I have tried this card on my main rig, (gtx 970, z77 extreme4, 3570k) and my broadcast rig. (dell t5500, e5520, gtx 750 ti) Both have windows 10 and the same version of OBS Studio. I am using the "Blackmagic Device" source option in OBS. I have not been able to use the "Video Capture Device" source at all. Composite video functions perfectly in OBS Studio at 1080i60, but HDMI just shows a black screen. The Media Express software picks up and handles the card with ease, so I know it's not a hardware issue. I have also tried Livestream Studio, Xsplit Broadcaster, and AFME. Anyone else having issues? Should I use a different driver?

Adam Simmons

Re: Intensity Pro 4k + OBS issues

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 4:30 pm

What do you have connected via HDMI?

If you look in the Desktop video utility I assume you have it set to HDMI, if so what does it think the source is?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Kyle Manning

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Adam Simmons wrote:What do you have connected via HDMI?

If you look in the Desktop video utility I assume you have it set to HDMI, if so what does it think the source is?

I have a gopro hero3+ attached via hdmi. I have been using the desktop utility to find my resolution, which is 1080p59.94. The card works as a normal source in OBS classic, but I have to set for some reason the color to ARGB32, which does not seem to be a feature in OBS Studio.

Kyle Manning

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm going to try to use Ubuntu and see if it works.

Kyle Manning

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 6:45 am

WOW! I can't beleive it! The Ubuntu drivers work PERFECTLY. I had NO errors whatsoever with the install of all the drivers, gui and media express. OBS multiplatform picks the card up PERFECTLY and I even have more tools like nginx rtmp! My faith in BMD has been restored!

I'm actually so surprised the windows drivers gave me so much issues but the linux drivers worked perfectly.

Tiago Azevedo

PostWed Sep 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Kyle Manning wrote:WOW! I can't beleive it! The Ubuntu drivers work PERFECTLY. I had NO errors whatsoever with the install of all the drivers, gui and media express. OBS multiplatform picks the card up PERFECTLY and I even have more tools like nginx rtmp! My faith in BMD has been restored!

I'm actually so surprised the windows drivers gave me so much issues but the linux drivers worked perfectly.

Hey Kyle,

could please tell me whats the version of Ubuntu and drivers that you are using?

Chuck Hast

PostSat Dec 24, 2016 3:02 am

I just found this thread. I have just set up a machine with the Intensity Pro 4K and OBS studio.
I am running Ubuntu Mate 16.04, OBS Studio, latest rev. But I am having a real hard time
getting input from the HDMI port. I have a Blu-Ray that will feed it just fine, I have a HDCP
stripping box that strips that off, from there to the Intensity Pro 4K.

If I run Media Express, I can see any video that comes in through the HDMI port, it is just
when I swtich to OBS Studio that I am having issues. I sure would like to know what you
did to get your Ubuntu system running the way it is described. At this point I am just trying
to use OBS Studio as a switch and a converter to put video on YouTube. Everything works
but the HDMI input. It does appear to be capturing sound, but there is no video. The CPU
does appear to be busy processing something but whatever it is there is nothing to be seen.

Return to Live Production