Multiview 4 multicam switch

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Iain Roush

Multiview 4 multicam switch

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm considering using the multiview 4 in a live show and I have a couple questions for those that have used it that I can't quite find in the support material.

1. Is it possible to switch to screens at the same time? For example if I had a 4-view showing cameras 1 2 3 4, could I switch the 1 and 2 screens to show 3 and 4 at the same time with one switch?

2. How long is the delay between switches? Is it immediate or are there black frames during a switch?

Thanks so much!

Pavel Lavrov

Re: Multiview 4 multicam switch

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 7:13 pm

1. It is possible but not with Multiview 4 directly. You will need to wire it through the video hub which would let you switch what signal comes to what input on MultiView 4.
2. On regular video hub you will loose a few frames as the screen(Multiview 4) in this case finds a sync. During this time you will see black screen.
But if you're using Clean Switch video hub then you will not see any black screen at all.

There are other things to consider with MultiView 4. Like overall delay that Multiview introduces. Additional delay introduced by Clean switch video hub, as it syncs all the inputs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pavel L

Iain Roush

Re: Multiview 4 multicam switch

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! That's all very helpful to know.

Return to Live Production