Media Express with Windows 8

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Peter Kim

Media Express with Windows 8

PostMon Feb 18, 2013 6:03 am

I'm trying to use Meria Express with Windows 8 system. As soon as I tried to connect USB 3.0 from ATEM2 to my PC, the system just crashes. If I connect the same cable to Windows 7 system, it works fine. I tried to find an answer from this website. It looks like I have to add additinal USB 3.0 controller that is based Renesas Chipset. can anyone recommend a USB card that I need to buy?
Thanks.

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Media Express with Windows 8

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 am

Currently our USB 3.0 hardware is not working with the native USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 8. This is currently being discussed on this thread as well as others: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4144
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Peter Kim

PostSun Feb 24, 2013 4:03 am

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I purchased USB 3.0 card that has a Renesas chip. As soon as I put the card and installed the driver that came with it, it works. No reboot! However, I still have other issue. Media Express won't see the video... I can see audio come in but no video. Anything I should check?

Riekelt Goucem

PostSun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 pm

freephk wrote:Thanks for your reply. Actually, I purchased USB 3.0 card that has a Renesas chip. As soon as I put the card and installed the driver that came with it, it works. No reboot! However, I still have other issue. Media Express won't see the video... I can see audio come in but no video. Anything I should check?

First of all, I'd like to say that with Windows 8, everything works fine. I have a Asus U3S6, but everytime I want to use the Shuttle, I have to delete and reinstall the USB 3.0 drivers. Meh-ish, but it works.

Now onto your video problem; The Shuttle is very picky. You have to say the exact resolution and framerate, that's why your video is black. Try go into the options (CTRL + ,(comma) in Media Express), and try changing it 1 after another. If it still doesn't show, try to change it in the device your recording from.
Also, it's important to select what input you're using. Go into the Windows control panel, and there would be a BLackmagic setting there. Change input to your input way.
Hope this helps.

Return to Live Production