VideoHub Control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

superchango

VideoHub Control

PostMon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi:

How many control panels I need to control one Compact Videohub (40x40)?
Can I control more than one router with only one control panel?

Thank you

Adrián Tesolini
http://www.digitaltools.com.ar

Benjamin Higginbotham

Re: VideoHub Control

PostMon Feb 18, 2013 7:15 pm

The answer is: 1

A Videohub Master Control panel will give you all of the routing needed both input and output side.

A Videohub Smart Control panel will give you access to 40 buttons. Each button can be an input or output (done in groups of 2 at a time). That may sound like enough, but you're actually 1/2 short if you want access to all of your inputs *and* outputs. However, you can lock your Smart Control panel to 1 output, which would then allow you to route any input to that 1 output. So 1 panel allows all 40 inputs to be routed to a single, unchangeable output.

You can't daisy chain Smart Control panels today (which would be awesome, 1 panel for inputs, 1 for outputs) so if a Master Control isn't something you want and you need access to all 40 inputs and all 40 outputs, you could buy 40 panels and lock each one to an output. Extremely inefficient and not cost effective, but possible. Where this makes a bit more sense if if you need access to only 3 or 4 outputs. Then you can buy 3 or 4 panels, lock them to said output and get access to all 40 inputs on each.

One panel is locked to 1 router. So you can not control more than 1 router with a single panel, even with the Master Control panel. 1:1 ratio on those, although I also have a need to have it split so 1 panel can control 2 routers.

That help or make it more confusing?

Thanks,

Benjamin
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Return to Live Production