Analog to SDI converter - Sync problem

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

frankieverona

Analog to SDI converter - Sync problem

PostTue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello everyone

I recently purchases a analog to SDI mini converter in order to connect a bluray player to the ATEM television studio. I did it because the ATEM is unable to deal with the HDCP.

But I have a problem. There are glitches on the image. Like there is a sync problem. I tried every settings on the bluray player, nothing changes. I tried to connect the sdi output to another device, same problem. The strange thing is that I previously tried this converter with the component output of a video card and connected it to a HD-SDI monitor, no problem. I'm starting to guess it's an electric problem in the converter or in the projection booth where i try t use it.

As there is no way to input an external sync I wonder what i should do.

Do you have any solution? Thank you very much and sorry for the language mistakes (I'm form Switzerland)

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

Re: Analog to SDI converter - Sync problem

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 1:48 am

Hello,

Do make sure that the Blu-ray player is set to output a resolution and frame rate that the Mini Converter supports. 720p 50 should work, as well as 1080i 59.94.

Make sure that the analog cables from the player are a short cable run and do not exceed 10 feet.

Short of that, do you have access to any other analog sources you can test with the Mini Converter to see if the same thing is happening?

Have you already swapped out SDI cables to make sure this is not a cable related issue (most likely not but definitely does not hurt to check)?
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

frankieverona

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am

Hello, thanks for the answer.

I checked everything you said. The player is set up to output 1080i50 wic the standard in Europe. I previsously tried with a 1080i50 signal coming from a video card and everything was alright. I really don't know what the problem is.

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Hello,

Have you tried any other analog video sources to see if the same thing happens?

Do make sure you are connected via component (red, green and blue) and that all dipswitches on the converter are set to the "Off" position.

If this continues to happen with all video sources, you may want to contact your reseller for support. If there are unable to assist you, you may want to contact our UK office for support as well.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Return to Live Production