Pro Recorder recording during signal loss

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

bryhardt

Pro Recorder recording during signal loss

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 6:11 pm

I am using the ProRecorder to capture 720p 29.97 video via HDMI. I have had on a couple of occasions where the HDMI input into the ProRecorder will get cut due to a problem with the source (cable disconnect, computer crash, etc..). The Media Express screen of course will freeze at the last frame. When video is restored, Media Express gives the impression that it is recording again (showing video, audio, and capture arrow moving). However, when it is time to push capture to stop the recording, the MP4 that is created is incomplete/corrupted and will not be playable. I have tried several "repair" programs and tried to use hex editors to sort out possible missing headers/footers, but have had no luck.

Is there a solution to repair the unplayable mp4 files?
Is this something that could be handled better by MediaExpress in a future release?

Update:
During my simulation tests, it appears that if I stop capturing while the signal is loss, the MP4 is fine. So it may be the process of the video feed reinitializing within Media Express which creates the problem.

BNC

Re: Pro Recorder recording during signal loss

PostThu May 09, 2013 8:44 am

A known problem with Media Express. I had the same issue several times. But they don't know about that bug.

Better report your problem to the support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/request?sid=3965&pid=4047&leg=false&os=mac There you get help. And they have to know about that problem, so then they can fix it directly in Media Express.

Return to Live Production